ECOF is this weekend 7/25 & 7-26 at Bong Recreational Area

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrwjr

Reaction score
Well my Model Rocketry Friends, it is here already. Woosh's annual ECOF event ( Eat Cheese or Fly). All of the fun starts this Saturday July 25th and Sunday the 26th. Range set up starts at 8:00 Am and depending on how many helpers we get the range should be open by 9:00 AM.
Besides our normal array of LPR, MPR, and HPR pads that will be set up we have many special activities going on. In no particular order:

Woosh will be having a 50/50 raffle on Saturday- tickets will be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. Winner needs to be present and drawing will occur sometime between 3:00 and 3:30. 1/2 the money to the winner and the rest goes to Woosh. Tickets can be purchased at registration
There will be a raffle going on with random drawing occuring on Saturday and Sunday ( winner needs to be present) We have some nice prizes donated by Gary from Top Flight, Tim from Wildman Hobbies, and a number of Woosh members have donated some items to the raffle. Again all proceeds go to Woosh. Tickets will again be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 dollars.
There will also be a silent auction going on with some rare kits donated by Woosh club members. At a minimum there will be an Estes Saturn V #1236 -K36 believe this is a 2nd generation kit. Bids will start at $35.00. There will also be a 4inch diameter R&D kit which is a JayHawk. Again the bidding starts at $35.00. You can find the information as well as the kits at Registration. Winner need not be present for this and the drawing will occur on Sunday at 3:00 PM.
As a rocketry club we try to help fellow members and there friends. There will .be another raffle running by fellow Woosh member Brent Lillesand. He is raising some money for a family going thru a tough time. See Brent in the parking lot for more details on his raffle.

Well if just the launching of rockets isn't enough, and the raffles aren't enough for you- remember Wildman hobbies will be present with the trailer full of temptation. If you need a particular, motor, case, widget, whatever- Tim probably has it. and if that's still not enough we have 2 contests going that people can enter there rockets in.

The first is the Jarosch Cup- See details here: https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=14975

The second is Kelly Engineering Challenge - See details here:https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=14085

The weather forecast is looking good so come on out watch, launch, get in the raffles, and just hang out with some great people.
If you have any items you would like to donate to the raffle or silent Auction See Russ Westergaard or Carl Riley at the launch ( usually by the registration table).

5-4-3-2-1 Woosh

Hope to see you all there.

Arrgh!!
You're killin me! Gotta work tomorrow, and don't get off work until noon, so by the time I get there, it'll be time to pack up and head back home... Saturdays are hobby money days... Gotta do 'em. However, I'm gonna try VERY hard to get up there Sunday! Save me a sammich Tim! My V2 is VERY close to being done (well, except paint). AV bay needs hardware. Hmmmm, wonder where I could get welded stainless eye bolts...... Maybe a buttload of 3/8" tubular kevlar, too....

Adrian

Rumor has it Wildmans will be supplying lunch on Saturday.

Reminder to self... bring steak knife, and shopping list. After a nice lunch I'm sure I'll need some rocketry stuff... :)

Arrgh!!
You're killin me! Gotta work tomorrow, and don't get off work until noon, so by the time I get there, it'll be time to pack up and head back home... Saturdays are hobby money days... Gotta do 'em. However, I'm gonna try VERY hard to get up there Sunday! Save me a sammich Tim! My V2 is VERY close to being done (well, except paint). AV bay needs hardware. Hmmmm, wonder where I could get welded stainless eye bolts...... Maybe a buttload of 3/8" tubular kevlar, too....

Adrian

I think you owe it to yourself to get up here for Sunday. Not that there is anyone keeping track but I'm pretty sure current score is Swamp claiming Adrian's skivvies -1 and Adrian -0. 😃 Seriously, hope you can make it out, it's always a great time when Adrian is in town and the fun multiplies when you fly something. Someone must have spiked my water- I'm quite the smart _ss this morning.

Rumor has it Wildmans will be supplying lunch on Saturday.

Thanks in advance Tim for your support both at our field and off that you given me and the club. What I really want to know is what's going up in that interceptor? Make sure you let me know when it's going up. Heck- I'll volunteer to go retrieve it.

Reminder to self... bring steak knife, and shopping list. After a nice lunch I'm sure I'll need some rocketry stuff... :)

Excellent- I take it this means we get to see the Sager clan today. Always good to see what unique rocket you'll unveil and hopefully everyone's favorite junior rocketeer Sabrina will be on hand.

Thanks in advance Tim for your support both at our field and off that you given me and the club. What I really want to know is what's going up in that interceptor? Make sure you let me know when it's going up. Heck- I'll volunteer to go retrieve it.

Been there done that. I was as close to the swamp as I could possibly be. Hope you have the same luck.

I was as close to the swamp as I could possibly be. Hope you have the same luck.

Oh, you know when you're close to the swamp.... :wink: I was armpit deep in the swamp. That's WAY too close! The smell still lingers in places I don't want to discuss.
On the plus side, the cardboard rocket is completely dried out and after a little sanding, will fly again. :flyingpig:

Adrian

Was there today- no swamp, but was in over my head (literally) in weeds and grass. Found one of the two missing rockets. Will be back tomorrow to fly some more.

Thanks to Tim and Jackie for a great lunch, and thanks to Woosh again for a great launch.

Excellent- I take it this means we get to see the Sager clan today. Always good to see what unique rocket you'll unveil and hopefully everyone's favorite junior rocketeer Sabrina will be on hand.

A couple of quick shots of Sabrina at the first day of “Eat Cheese or Fly”.

-Posing with Sather’s Flying Toothbrush, and hamming it up in the RSO line with her “Flying Crayon with cheese” Rocket. This is Sabrina’s entry in the Jarosch Cup competition. This years’ Jarosch Cup is a Spot Landing competition where the contestants attempt to land their rocket (containing string cheese) on a floating barge, similar to the Space-X Dragon landings.

At the end of day one, Sabrina probably has set a record for Most Launches, having worn-out three crayon rockets, and landing in the water twice.
Sabrina and Sather both trail Tim the Wildman, who somehow managed to land in the water closest to the barge, on his second attempt.

:lol: It was hilarious to watch Sabrina “talk smack” with the Wildman. She’ll be back on Sunday. :)

2015-07-25 13.29.31.jpg

2015-07-25 13.29.26-1.jpg

2015-07-25 12.55.07.jpg

Back