Flights of the Interceptor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on flying the Interceptor 98 every chance I get this year.
Mine has no nose weight .
I will keep this list updated if you all are interested.
Please post yours also, these things are real beasts and can fly on anything that will fit.
So far it has flown on
CTI J760=3846 feet LDRS
CTI K 740= 5995 feet LDRS
CTI K735 = 6789 feet Bong 07/18/15

Looking forward to the data from some M flights.

Guys, this thing is like no other 4" rocket. It is lightweight and a real performer. I am contemplating unloading one of my 4" tanks currently in the inventory to make room for one of these. I was shocked how well it performed on a 2 grain 75 sparky.

This is on my list to get built this decade... :facepalm:

Adrian

Me too...
For sure.....
I was drooling over that last winter.....
I'd love to see that thing hit the 2 mile mark......
That's going to be a gorgeous flight. .....

Teddy

This is on my list to get built this decade... :facepalm:

Adrian

Adrian, with my knees and hips right now I'm an invalid... Jeez, I might fly this thing in '16 before you ever get to it... Whadda ya say? let's speed up that build process...

Anyone have pics of the Interceptor they could post?

it's not easy to find but it is on the Wildman page...

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?product=7093
aad98.jpg

Last edited:
I do understand as I was there. Had to leave before the weather blew in though.

It was nasty. We camped out in the orchard's basement apple cooler while the sirens went off. And then another 40 minutes because it was just coming down so hard. No hail though!!

AT K1100 @ MMWP in May
I don't recall the exact altitude, but it was a little of 6K.
Max velocity I do recall - 900 ft/s on the nose. :)
Both the altitude and speed were higher than what RS predicted.

image4 - crop.jpg

image4.JPG

lol, it happens... I was like..... Whut? I'm not worksafe, so that makes sense. :)

I am amazed sometimes at what gets blocked at my work place... I'm on The Rocketry Forum quite a bit these days, so I imagine when they have had enough, they will block this site too.

Here is my AAD 98... three flights in June... NNTC - K456DM, TCC - K540M, and NXRS - K550...

Photos from 2015 OROC NXRS

With those split fins, does that rocket whistle on the ascent? Looks like it could sure sing!

Meh. stupid sun. All launches should be between the hours of 6-10am and 6-9pm ><

19331406294_0e2be100be_c.jpg

19767379549_ddab870fe5_c.jpg

19959232691_6e98764a94_c.jpg

Mine just arrived. Thankfully ordered while still on sale. Here's the pic of it dry fitted.

And here's the OpenRocket file from the kit I received. All dimensions are as accurate as I could make it. I haven't weighed it, but OR estimates the weight very close to what it is, without glue, hardware, etc...

View attachment Interceptor.ork

Back