Arapagoony

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
Saw where somewhere else did one of these. It inspired me. I already scratch built the E, and built an F. Now I have a Goony. Just gotta paint it. hmmmmmm...

100_1191.jpg

I was never a Goony guy until I started seeing renditions of other kits being done. Never liked the kits that Estes put on the market.

You know I'm gonna like it, even though I too am not much on goonies. I think this and the goonie trident are my favorites I've seen.

What color scheme you going with?

I still haven't decided what color(s) I want to use. I may come completely out of the box on this one. I'll play around with it in Corel Draw some.

I got tired of looking at all the sanding I had to do, so I knocked that out today and got the primer on. Mojo been kinda slow the last couple of weeks.

Arapagoony Primer.jpg

I got tired of looking at all the sanding I had to do, so I knocked that out today and got the primer on. Mojo been kinda slow the last couple of weeks.

Looks like you're making some progress...

I'm curious... what did you use for your tail cone? Is it a PNC-60NA, or something else?

Looks like you're making some progress...

I'm curious... what did you use for your tail cone? Is it a PNC-60NA, or something else?

I turned it myself. Someone posted what looks like an OR file and I used it to trace in Autocad. Take said trace and scale it, make a template of it. Par for my course.

The unbelievable weather is allowing me to move along with this. It's 96* and ONLY 31% humid. This is really rare for our humidity levels this time of year. Anyway, I got 2 coats of white base on it this afternoon and toyed around with a few color options. Personally, I'm leaning more to the orange. Opinions?

Arapagoony white base.jpg

Arapagoony in colors.jpg

I added another color option. I have a bunch of copper auto paint that might serve well. It looks brown in the pic, but it's as close as I can get to a copper tone.

Arapagoony in colors.jpg

How about a black body with copper accents. I think that would be cool. You know, if you go with copper, you may have to steam punk it.

How about a black body with copper accents. I think that would be cool. You know, if you go with copper, you may have to steam punk it.

I'll leave the steam punking to the masters of the art. And FWIW, I just did a black with copper accents in Corel Draw, and......uh.....yuck! (putting it mildly). That's OK though. Never hurts to ask.

Back