Modelaerospace.com OOB?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdubs

Reaction score
First of all, hello, this is my first post. My name is Jesse and im from central Massachusetts. Im visiting Friends in Kansas and decided to get into rocketry in an attempt to bond with my friends eight year old daughter! We have built a few estes kits from hobby lobby and things are going great. I sent my first rocket up with my father when i was just a boy and its really awesome getting back into it 25+ years later!

Now the reason im posting in the Micromaxx forum is because I placed an order online at Model Aerospace rockets for a starter kit of micromaxx rockets. They are listed as a quest dealer. I wanted something for smaller areas just to have fun without planning a trip to a larger field. Unfortunately I have received no confirmation of my order, no response to my inquiring email, and no one is answering the phones for this retailer, also no voicemail. Has anyone ordered from them recently?? Im just trying to figure out if i just placed an order with an online ghost ship...thanks for your help! Love the site, been soaking up info here for a little while now!

Jess

I haven't heard of them. But I agree if you have a SMALL area they are the way to go.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that vendor, so I can't answer your question, but when you get back to MA, check out a CMASS launch. We've got one scheduled for next Saturday, July 25 in Acton, MA. There's another scheduled there in August. You can check out the full schedule on our web site at https://www.cmass.org. We fly everything from MicroMaxx through High Power, although we're limited to G power at the Acton field.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby.

I have never heard of them before either. Great find if they are real.
Prices are really awesome. There is several kits I'd like to get from Quest.
They should be added to the "Rocketry Resource" thread in the "Watering Hole" if they turn up reliable.
(I see eRockets is still not has been added to the Resource Thread yet either, who now owns Semroc)

Wow thanks everyone for all the responses!!! I am a little worried no one really knows them and that untrusted warnings are coming up. I will give it another day of trying to contact them and then call my bank. I placed my order on my ipad so no warnings came up!!

in regards the CMASS launches, I can not wait to come check one out! I wont be back in mass until august but i intend to attend very soon! I am also excited to hear that the gentleman from flis goes to them. It will be great to meet him. I have read so much about his kits!

thanks again for all your input and for the fine welcome!

ps.. I just dialed the 888 number and it came up as no longer in service. The other phone line just rings and rings and rings. What a bummer!

jess

Last edited:
Model Aerospace is run by Dane Boles.
Dane was with Estes for years and with Quest in the early years.

I called last year and he was still in business. I know a vendor who ordered some OOP Quest kits still listed on the website.
When the order arrived there were substitutions, the OOP kits were not in stock.

Model Aerospace is run by Dane Boles.
Dane was with Estes for years and with Quest in the early years.

I called last year and he was still in business. I know a vendor who ordered some OOP Quest kits still listed on the website.
When the order arrived there were substitutions, the OOP kits were not in stock.
Thanks so much HCM! I did notice a disclaimer about substutions. I dont mind really as long as they set me up in a similar fashion. Good to know they were active last year!! My only dilema really is that i wanted the order sent to Kansas and im only here for another few weeks before I return to Massachusetts. Hopefully i hear back soon. I want the order regardless. Im going to give it time and report in how things go. If a little patience allows me to give everyone an update on the site,it will be worth it.

Hey are you the one that created the pigasus? I see the odd'l website listed below and our eight year old has been begging me to get either that or the green man rocket! I want both eventually!!! I love them!

Last edited:
Thanks so much HCM! I did notice a disclaimer about substutions. I dont mind really as long as they set me up in a similar fashion. Good to know they were active last year!! My only dilema really is that i wanted the order sent to Kansas and im only here for another few weeks before I return to Massachusetts. Hopefully i hear back soon. I want the order regardless. Im going to give it time and report in how things go. If a little patience allows me to give everyone an update on the site,it will be worth it.
Hey are you the one that created the pigasus? I see the odd'l website listed below and our eight year old has been begging me to get either that or the green man rocket! I want both eventually!!! I love them!

Yep! The Pigasus and Little Green Man are my Odd'l Rockets kits.
Both are a big hit with the kids.
The kits have a Skill Level of 3. A younger builder will need your help to put it together.
The Pigasus has has big wings and can weathercock in the wind.
And there are water slide decals, so the surfaces should be smooth.
Both are good flyers and always popular at launches.

I hope Model Aerospace comes through for you.

Just an update on this modelserospace.com. I am finaly back in Massachusetts, and when i got home I still had no replies from this online seller. I called, emailed, even tried contacting quest to see if they were still a dealer and never heard back from them either. Just to CMA i sent an email to cancel my order (which, surprise surprise, I heard nothing on). Just wanted to give an update!

p.s. I ended up placing a order with fliskits yesterday for some of their micromaxx kits as well as the starter kit to get me going. Cant wait!

Can't go wrong with Flis. I have ordered a few from Modelaerospace.com. They arrived, but I have not ordered in a couple years.

Latest posts

Back