75mm options

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Somehow I started planning an L3 attempt.

Cesaroni is running a special until Labor Day.

My only problem is picking between 75mm4G and 5G. I love the sound of the 5G options, but I will probably buy few 75mm motors over the years, and stick mostly to 54mm and 98mm. So 75mm4G looks great for the certification attempt, but then 5G has dual thrust, imax, and pink options. Also one can only stop down two grains, so with 5G one has to buy a second case for 2G options.

What do others like? If they were priced like 54mm cases I would simply purchase them all, but these are not cheap!

The 2-grain 75's K-L's are a steal, compare them to 54's 40-50.00 cheaper!

Then there is always these drag race deals where you get hardware-closures-reloads & kit for steal or even 1/2 price sometimes...............Here's the Midwest Power drag race special [one of them]

The popular Interceptor AAD 98
Pro 75 4 grain hardware set
And a 4 grain 75 reload
Either Red ,White or Blue. Luck of the draw unless you are level 2
The Red and Blue are L motors the White is an M reload so we can do Both level 2 or 3 in this drag race.
Same rules apply
Pay $250 the kit gets shipped out. At the launch pay the other $250 you will receive the rest at the launch for the drag race. You must fly your rocket in the drag race to get the reload and hardware.
Tim Lehr
Owner
Wildman Hobbies
815-638-3200

Your out west somewhere ? You need to get a hold of David Reese Wildman California...he's doing these deals out there....

That's how I got all my big hardware on the cheap. 98 6xl motor complete.....n-5800 reload....Ultimate Wildman rocket for 1250.00.... do the math the N-5800 alone cost 1150.00!

Look for one of these deals.....I know David will be cooking up some stuff soon out there.

If your gonna do it now.... buy the biggest 75 motor you think you can use. At least the 6xl, then 2 spacers and you can fly 6-5 Buy the 4case....you already will have closures and spacer, now you can fly 4-3-2.

So to re-iterate. Get the 6xl cert 3 deal, plus a 4 grain case. Now with spacers you can fly all 6xl-6-5-4-3-2!

So get the 6xl at least, and you can always see what's coming later, or add the 4 grain & your done.
My humble opinion on how I would start on the cheap. :smile:

^^^^agree100% with this guy^^^^

...who is this guy?? He sounds so smart!!

He's been around the block a few times....also agree with CJ on the hardware option!:clap:

Preston

4G and 6XL Pro75 hardware for the WIN !

Although like CJ says you can't get hurt with a 2G case either .. the spacers for the Pro75 are heavy duty and add some real weight. My L910 weighs in at 7.5 lbs with the 2 spacers installed in the 4g motor .

Are you thinking big heavy big L3 project or MACH2 4in WM Extreme style ??

Kenny

75mm4G hardware ordered, with L1115 for XPRS and M1101 for BALLS. L3 here we come!

Wow am I ever excited for these flights, less so for driving to BRC two weekends in a row. Yikes! At least the second time I will have company.

Are you thinking big heavy big L3 project or MACH2 4in WM Extreme style ??

Hah, why not look for yourself, he said with an ear to ear grin -
11041084_10153611893049525_2870849994460970598_n.jpg

Should be at 14k for certification, hoping for 25k if I ever convince the wife a 6XL imax motor is a wise investment!

I got the 4 grain and 6XL last year for Black Saturday, can't remember what the numbers were, but it was a typical great Wildman deal. Then CJ unloaded a couple of cases to fill in the gaps. With Sharon flying L2 motors and going for her L3 next month, I need to be working on some 98mm stuff. Talk about expensive! We are already sharing a 4 grain 98, and you can guess who gets it first.... She's flying on Friday.

:2: I bought the CTI 5 grain case for my level 3 attempt then I picked up a 3 grain and a spacer. That allows me to fly a bunch of motors I can afford. I personally like the M1300 dual thrust, my cert motor, and the M3100 White Thunder. :clap:

Hah, why not look for yourself, he said with an ear to ear grin -
11041084_10153611893049525_2870849994460970598_n.jpg

Should be at 14k for certification, hoping for 25k if I ever convince the wife a 6XL imax motor is a wise investment!

Rock on with your No-Paint Bad Self

Kenny

Back