DARS Launches - Dallas Area Rocket Society

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak to what's on the website. I've been calling in the waiver at every Gunter launch for the last year and a half. With the south wind forecast for Sunday we may adjust downward. We don't have carte blanche to recover north of Stiff Chapel Road. We're on good terms with the folks up there and we will keep it that way by limiting the chances of dropping too many rockets up that way. Just gotta be flexible in you motor choices. It's better when we have a north wind because we have permission and a lot more recovery room to the south.

I wanna say somebody's broken a mile there but I don't have any pictures or stats.

Hopefully the winds will take a break tomorrow. They worked pretty hard today and deserve a day off.

Should be a pretty nice for flying...I haven't launched a rocket in quite a while so I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Should be a pretty nice for flying...I haven't launched a rocket in quite a while so I am looking forward to tomorrow.
Don't feel bad Jeff. Your not alone. I haven't flow, no wait, our CLUB hasn't had a launch since High Frontier. Half were cancelled because it was below 50 degrees! Fricking ridiculous!

I haven't flown since November. It's starting to bug me. I plan on being out in Gunter on the 16th, at least I think it's the 16th. Gonna do some rockets and BBQ in McKinney. Yea buddy!

I have not flown with DARS since Feb/Mar of last year:mad:. I hope to make it on the 16th.:)

I'll be there for sure even if the weather is not cooperative. My thinking is I'll be closer to Hutchins which is never a bad thing. Mmmm Hutchins.

FYI... The south wind will keep us low tomorrow, at least until we see how much drift we get. See dars.org

I plan to be at the Saturday meeting and will bring any orders along with me. Just visit www.BuyRocketMotors.com and place your order there. Inventory is Real Time and we're pretty flush with low and mid power Aerotech as well as DMS High Power. Select 'Pickup at Local Launch" during the ordering process and it wont charge you for shipping - I'll simply bring it with me to the meeting. We just received a pallet of all Aerotech kits and although not shown on www.BuyRocketMotors.com yet, just send me an email or PM of any kit(s) you're interested in and we can settle up at the meeting.

Thank you.

What's everybody working on? My son and I are almost finished with the PML Miranda. I plan to fly it on some DMS 38mm H motors at Gunter. Hope I can sneak a trip to Gunter in between Saturday soccer games :).

I reattached a fin on my beloved Onyx that broke at the Prairie Hill launch a while back. That sun baked sod was harder than concrete. Anyway, it's back on, sanded smooth and repainted ready to go.

Launch was cancelled this weekend due to - yep more rain :(. Bummer, weather's looking pretty nice.

Saturday and Sunday look just about perfect. But the ankle-deep mud and cow leavings that will still make up 90% of the field was the decider.

In the words of the Dude, water and cow leavings is a real bummer, man :).

I don't know if anyone is, but I'm starting to receive emails summarizing forum activity. The email I received Saturday morning said something like, "DARS Launches - Pending the crop being harvested, the high power launch in Corsicana...." I didn't read it all and had to head out the door, but I left with a smile thinking the Corsicana site was back on. Anyhow, I got back to read the post only to find out it was the very first post in this thread going back to July 15, 2015 posted by yours truly :eek:. I guess the logic used to create the emails screen scrapes the first post of the thread, instead of the most recent one. Either way it was a downer, man :(.

Hopefully the weather cooperates for the next DARS HP launch in Gunter. I think the kids are done with Fall activities and I'm itching to launch something :cool:.

Yea. I am chomping at the bit to fly too. I have received those emails in the past but they stopped....I didn't complain about that either.

Well, some kind of sort of bad news. AeroTech is discontinuing their Kosdon by Aerotech line of reloads. I can offer special pricing if you would like to load up. PM or email me for details.

Anybody have a sim file for a Public Missiles Miranda? The links I can find don't work.

I'm giving some serious thought on attending next weekends launch with my son. The weather looks nice and it should have plenty of time to dry out from the rain projected tonight and tomorrow. Anybody else going?

Back