DARS Launches - Dallas Area Rocket Society

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys make me feel like Smoky!

[video=youtube;rrykk7E_2i0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrykk7E_2i0[/video]

Alright, getting closer to taking my frustration - of not getting to launch rockets - out on my bathroom! Burn ban? Take that you filthy shower valve, and surrounds, and dry wall, and whatever else gets in my way!!!! It's going down!!!! I've asked that my wife and kids give me some time by going out somewhere tomorrow. I doubt they'll recognize it when they return :gavel:.

Alright, getting closer to taking my frustration - of not getting to launch rockets - out on my bathroom! Burn ban? Take that you filthy shower valve, and surrounds, and dry wall, and whatever else gets in my way!!!! It's going down!!!! I've asked that my wife and kids give me some time by going out somewhere tomorrow. I doubt they'll recognize it when they return :gavel:.

Robert, take some before and after pics along the way. And pick up a box of these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-42-Gal-Contractor-Bags-50-Count-HK42WC050B/202973825 You're going to need them!

Here's some pics from my son's project. I'm going down to Garland and take some more pics of the tile installation.

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

I feel for ya Bob, I did this a few years ago, total master bath remodel. I hope you know what you are in for, however long you planned on this taking...your wrong! Not sure the extent of your upgrades but mine took me two months. Before, during, and after pics. This was everything from floor to ceiling being replaced. Good luck with yours, it is well worth it once your done.

Picture 130.jpg

Picture 129.jpg

Picture 092.jpg

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Nice work on your bathroom Poker Jones! I think Robert will do just fine with his project because he has that special asset called "youthful enthusiasm"! Once the dust has settled the final results become very special. :cheers:

Can't all of this just be done in a leisurely afternoon???? And then time to spare to start on another rocket? :wink:

Well I made it down to Garland and back despite the traffic wrecks and took some pictures. This is the first time I've seen Charlie's project after the tile setter finished up and Charlie painted the walls. Wow! What a difference it makes in his house. All he lacks now is to set the new toilet to compliment the new Kohler acrylic tub, build or buy a lavatory base cabinet and sink top, trim, final paint and light fixtures and his old man will have a nice place to pinch a loaf! :wink:

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Project Burn Ban Retribution is about to begin. It's going to get nasty!

DARS has been reduced to thinking about bathroom remodeling instead of flying rockets due to a lack of launch sites.....;)

Something's gotta give!

DARS has been reduced to thinking about bathroom remodeling instead of flying rockets due to a lack of launch sites.....;)

Something's gotta give!

Yep, the Dallas Area Remodeling Society indeed!

Plumbing, gypboard, TB&T, tile laying, grouting, painting, etc. Just a few things. :wink:

How about some pictures and a description of the scope of the work? Are you planning on doing any or all of the work yourself? Have you done demolition and renovation before? Have you drawn plans, made specifications, area calculations and cost estimates? These are all things that will have to be addressed at some time during your project and are best done before starting in earnest.

I drank left over Champagne while painting the baseboards on the morning of January 1st 2003. Does that count :p?

I drank left over Champagne while painting the baseboards on the morning of January 1st 2003. Does that count :p?

Certainly! If you're not a binge drinking alcoholic you have no business in the construction trades. When you smash your pinkie with a framing hammer it doesn't hurt nearly as much as when you're sober! :cheers:

The demo went well over the weekend and I got some Hardie board up around the shower surrounds. It was fun tearing !@#$ up and punching holes through walls but sadly I find myself unfulfilled :(. For a moment last night I thought the burn ban had been lifted but my nirvana was smashed only to awaken by an alarm clock :sigh:.

Anybody know of a place around town that stocks Pre Formed Shower Niches? I have one on order from Home Depot but would like to have it by this weekend. Thanks!

Found what I was looking for at The Tile Shop in Southlake. Quite a cool setup they have with around 5 stores in the metroplex and ~140 coast to coast. I would recommend checking it out if your looking for bath/shower ideas. I have visions of posting stuff about rockets some day. Maybe I'll post a build thread on my sons Stomp Rockets???? About as close to flying as I've been in a while!

I am going to try to talk about Dallas area launches...:)

Hopefully we will get some rain or some mowing by Sept 19 and I can perhaps make Frisco. I have a bit of a conflict that morning, but bet I can make it by 12:30 or 1PM.

Any chance of a late Sept HP launch in Corsicana if the burn ban is over?

I certainly hope so. I won't be able to attend this weekends meeting but if anyone else is going would you please speak up and have them schedule something; of course contingent on cooperation and/or the lack of a burn ban?

I'm sure a HP launch will be scheduled (I won't be in town this weekend). Actually getting to fly will depend not only on the burn ban, but whether our land owner will be planting before the end of the month.

I don't know what Navarro County/Corsicana looks like, but Grayson County is a tinderbox. I went to the FedEx in Sherman yesterday and encountered a couple of small grass fires in a two mile stretch just south of Howe. Even though there was very little wind these fires were spreading rapidly in the tall grass along the US75 service road that looked very similar to the Frisco field. I'm guessing these fire were started by a cigarette butt, but who knows? Fortunately, they were extinguished when I returned home.

This tall grass and weed situation got out of hand during the spring rains and much remains to be mowed. And there has been no significant rain since early July. Not a good time to fly rockets and I can't blame local officials for issuing the bans. Just more proof than Man does not control the weather.

Back