DARS Launches - Dallas Area Rocket Society

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are 2 of my videos from the launch on Sunday. Absolutely perfect day for flying.

[video=youtube;jAcbbfU_Xt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAcbbfU_Xt0[/video]

[video=youtube;KZMEZn_1gIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZMEZn_1gIk[/video]

No it's not Kate, I haven't won the lottery. It's the AltosDroid telemetry from the Altus Metrum TeleGPS/TeleBT, my first time using it and it worked like a charm. Very nice setup.

Was wondering how you managed to get that past the wife :). Wasn't aware of the AltosDroid. I'll have to check it out.

Was wondering how you managed to get that past the wife :). Wasn't aware of the AltosDroid. I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, no kidding. It was hard enough getting this past the wife, I'm not sure how I would start the conversation about spending $2400 for a tracker :no:

It's hard enough to figure out a way to start the "I'd like to spend $2400 on a tracker" conversation, let alone, "Honey, I need $2400 to buy Kate." Somehow, I don't think that conversation will go well.

Altus Metrium does the same thing at a fraction of the price.

From the Ether...

Last edited:
What all did I miss at the Flea Market Saturday? Knowing me there were some vintage composite motors on my shortlist :facepalm:.

Surviving my older daughter's 6th grade year. I don't remember it being this hard, but then again, I didn't have great expectations for myself.

Sure been quiet on here. What are you guys working on?

Science Fair ended recently, so I’m working on catching up on sleep.
Rocket wise, I’m planning a delta II and sprint and and partway through (though not making any progress on) maybe half a dozen models.

Surviving my older daughter's 6th grade year. I don't remember it being this hard, but then again, I didn't have great expectations for myself.

I hear that. My son had I book report presentation thing, then some sort of after hours class requirement, then something else all due before Christmas break. He's only in 3rd grade. Still shaking my head at how much it was to do. I don't recall ever having to do all of that but it's conceivable I ctrl-alt-dlt from my memory bank :).

Science Fair ended recently, so I’m working on catching up on sleep.
Rocket wise, I’m planning a delta II and sprint and and partway through (though not making any progress on) maybe half a dozen models.

Sweet, a Delta II! How big are you going with it? I've contemplated a 4" core. At my rate I'll probably have it completed no sooner than 2053 AD!

I finished up a scratch built CF 54mm MD Blackhawk "clone" this week which I plan on flying with the Loki M1378 at Airfest, which sims to about 45K'.

I also started working on my 38mm CF MD Mongoose I got on Black Friday from Madcow. That will fly on the AT J570W or maybe the Loki K627 if I can borrow Chris' case :handshake:

Not as exciting as those two but I also got an Estes Astron Sprint XL for Christmas that I started on last week, I just love that rocket. Now to "upgrade it" for slightly larger motors.

I finished up a scratch built CF 54mm MD Blackhawk "clone" this week which I plan on flying with the Loki M1378 at Airfest, which sims to about 45K'.

Oh! That's gonna be good. Looking forward to seeing that one. Or should I say, not seeing that one.

... I also started working on my 38mm CF MD Mongoose I got on Black Friday from Madcow. That will fly on the AT J570W or maybe the Loki K627 if I can borrow Chris' case ...
I'm just starting on mine as well, already have the K627 case and motor. But I'll save that for BALLS. After my experience at Airfest with small MD rockets, I think I'll save the hard to find ones for the white playa. Hopefully the new Featherweight tracker will make it a breeze to find.

That Blackhawk clone also sounds like a BALLS flight. Certainly meets the definition!

Tony

I also started working on my 38mm CF MD Mongoose I got on Black Friday from Madcow. That will fly on the AT J570W or maybe the Loki K627 if I can borrow Chris' case :handshake:

Not as exciting as those two but I also got an Estes Astron Sprint XL for Christmas that I started on last week, I just love that rocket. Now to "upgrade it" for slightly larger motors.

I am always happy to contribute to the delinquency of a not-minor. Also, glad you are coming back to the proper motor choice for that 54...convolute rolled demands no less.

Anybody interested in a smoking deal on a complete 98-10240 motor and M2500T reload? If so then let me know! There are several available.

Anybody interested in a smoking deal on a complete 98-10240 motor and M2500T reload? If so then let me know! There are several available.

What does the deal look like? I got a 5.5 inch Frensy Massive for Christmas and it has a 98mm mount that I need to investigate a motor for.

David

Sweet, a Delta II! How big are you going with it? I've contemplated a 4" core. At my rate I'll probably have it completed no sooner than 2053 AD!

... 1/75 scale (BT 55 core)... *whimper*
4 inch would be pretty cool.

What does the deal look like? I got a 5.5 inch Frensy Massive for Christmas and it has a 98mm mount that I need to investigate a motor for.

David

A really good looking deal :). I'll message you with details.

Back