DARS Launches - Dallas Area Rocket Society

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be out there tomorrow. Sunday and Monday are family obligations, at least for me. I understand that a film crew is at McKinney High School with 2nd place in the Finals TARC team right now and may be out there tomorrow. They might be disappointed if the wind keeps us from flying anything besides E2X and streamers. The field is covered with hay bales.

Was there a launch yesterday?

Yes we were out there on Saturday. Other than a LOC Hi-Tech on an F26 and a G77 it was all low power. A good time was had by all and the breeze was welcome even if it kept us from going big. A professional film crew was there recording the exploits of one of the McKinney High School All Girls TARC team members for some kinda documentary or commercial. They brought Dickeys BBQ !

Saturday June 10th - DARSTAR XII

Plastic Model Conversion
Spot Landing
B Helicopter Duration
B Boost Glide Duration
C Streamer Duration

Stay tuned on this one, I'll be reconnoitering the field on Thursday to see if it's dry enough to fly.

Saturday June 17th - regular sport launch.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for y'all.

My heavy travel will be done at the end of July, so I expect we'll be under a burn ban in August to further delay me getting a chance to fly something.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get away during the first week of school after having been in Japan half the time since February. I'll have to miss AirFest this year.

I'm looking forward to some great flight reports from you guys...

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get away during the first week of school after having been in Japan half the time since February. I'll have to miss AirFest this year.

I'm looking forward to some great flight reports from you guys...

Well there is always this one in Pawhuska at the end of September, I plan on being there. Hope you can make it.

https://tulsarocketry.org/high-frontier/

FYI-From the DARS website

The DARS' normal monthly 3rd-Saturday Modroc-Launch is
GO, go, go! At the Gunter site for July 15.
AND we will also support High Power Fights!
Bring everything out, from 1/4A thru G up to K or so.
Winds are expected to be light, and the temperature
WILL BE HOT! (Heat Advisory!, THI will be over 102!)
We will plan to start and end an hour early to mitigate the heat exposure (9am to 3pm.)

Good. HOT. The early morning thundershower didn't keep us off the field. The clouds were a small blessing until about 2:00 pm I don't have any counts but we had a good variety from 1/4A to a dual H (I think). Are you waitin' for cooler weather ?

Yes, I am in fact waiting for cooler weather. Actually my wife was out of town and left me with puppy watching duties. I really wanted to fly, I haven't fired off anything in anger in a while. Maybe next time.

I meant to inquire about the DARS tee-shirts after the meeting but got side tracked. What's the design look like and price?

I'm giving some through to attending Airfest Saturday and Sunday. Where's everybody staying? Do DARS and TNT try to set up together? What's the score here?

[video=youtube;ge1-9HC8yvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge1-9HC8yvM[/video]

I'm giving some through to attending Airfest Saturday and Sunday. Where's everybody staying? Do DARS and TNT try to set up together? What's the score here?

I plan on tent camping on site and setting up in the "Texas" area of the pasture. Just look for the row of Texas flags and you'll find most of us! Some people are staying at local motels (20-30 minute drive), if that is the route you plan on taking I would try to find a room SOON.

My Dad and I are staying at the Cobblestone Inn in Anthony. Ask for the Kloudbusters rate. I'll be in the TX section...assuming Jeff can pile some stuff in a 10x10 area near there until about 8am on Friday when we should arrive.

Looks like the Texas compound is going to be fairly large.

I know of 14 people from Texas that are going for sure but the Airfest webpage shows a lot more than that, should be a great turn out.

...assuming Jeff can pile some stuff in a 10x10 area near there until about 8am on Friday when we should arrive.

You assume correctly oh wise one. I'll save a spot or two, I am great at securing an area and keeping out the riff raff :bangbang:

I will be there Thursday afternoon.

I'll be there sometime Friday afternoon and would love to hang out in the Texas zone.

I've completed my L3 rocket and documentation (minus paint), so I'll have that to fly. I won't have much else ready, unfortunately. It's been too busy and hot in the garage and the air conditioned rocket building shop isn't on the agenda until next year at the earliest.

I'm staying at the Cobblestone in Anthony. I can handle the heat, but like to cool down for a little while each day.

David

I'll be there sometime Friday afternoon and would love to hang out in the Texas zone.

I've completed my L3 rocket and documentation (minus paint), so I'll have that to fly. I won't have much else ready, unfortunately. It's been too busy and hot in the garage and the air conditioned rocket building shop isn't on the agenda until next year at the earliest.

I'm staying at the Cobblestone in Anthony. I can handle the heat, but like to cool down for a little while each day.

David

Dave Schaefer is my L3CC member. Who is (are) your L3CC member and/or TAP(s)?

Back