lost rockets at LDRS34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you do not mind holding onto them until the next big launch we both attend. I am in no hurry, just don't want to abandon them.

Yeah,,
I don't mind Kevin...
Are you going to the Red Glare event at Higgs Farm in the fall ??

Teddy

so right now I plan on going to the potter field on monday night to get a few rockets to deliver to Teddy in Geneseo next weekend and also a few that need to be shipped out. if any new rockets have been found I'll get pics of them and update.

Riley,,
I want to make sue we all have this correct..
I am getting 4 peoples rockets..
Joe Dunay..
Peter Cadra..
Kevin Wuchevich..
And Nate Yarger's "RedShift" .. I think that's a 38 mm minimum D...

Is this correct ??
And Riley do you know what these peoples rockets look like ??
I think Joe D's is an Argent and Peter's has cool fins with an arc in them..
Kevin's ??

Teddy

Last edited:
Kevin's ??

Teddy

Mine is a 3" blue and light blue / LOC Hyperloc. 4 fins, 54mm mount, dual deploy cardboard.

I also have a Formula 38 that is blue w/ black nose cone with some weathering from sitting out for a year. I gave the details, but have not gotten confirmation that it is mine. It would have a G74 Economax 29mm SU motor in it. and an Aeropack.

Mine is a 3" blue and light blue / LOC Hyperloc. 4 fins, 54mm mount, dual deploy cardboard.

I also have a Formula 38 that is blue w/ black nose cone with some weathering from sitting out for a year. I gave the details, but have not gotten confirmation that it is mine. It would have a G74 Economax 29mm SU motor in it. and an Aeropack.

If these are going to Geneseo, you might be able to talk Ken Allen into bring them to the Pittsburgh launch that he will be attending in September.

Thinking about it, he rarely has room for much in his truck / trailer, so who knows.

I just want to say THANKS to Riley & Teddy for going through all of the trouble of getting these rockets back to their owners!

Rocketry people ARE the BEST!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I grabbed the Hyperloc to bring to Teddy, but the formula 38 does not have an aeropack and it does not have a G74 in it.

Riley,,
I want to make sue we all have this correct..
I am getting 4 peoples rockets..
Joe Dunay..
Peter Cadra..
Kevin Wuchevich..
And Nate Yarger's "RedShift" .. I think that's a 38 mm minimum D...

Is this correct ??
And Riley do you know what these peoples rockets look like ??
I think Joe D's is an Argent and Peter's has cool fins with an arc in them..
Kevin's ??

Teddy

I have Joe's Argent, Peter's Hyperloc, Kevin's weird thing, but the Redshift has not been found or returned to URRG yet. sorry Nate, we'll keep an eye out for it.

I have Joe's Argent, Peter's Hyperloc, Kevin's weird thing, but the Redshift has not been found or returned to URRG yet. sorry Nate, we'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for your help guys! I figured it was a very long shot anyone would find it, but thanks for everyone's willingness to look, and keep an eye out. LDRS was a great event, losing a 38mm booster is far from the worst thing that could happen.

Nate

OK,,
That sounds great,,
Riley thanks a million for getting everybody's rockets together for me...
I'll see you this coming Saturday...
Sorry Nate...

Teddy

None have been returned to the club. If the farmers have any they will give them to us at the next launch

If these are going to Geneseo, you might be able to talk Ken Allen into bring them to the Pittsburgh launch that he will be attending in September.

Thinking about it, he rarely has room for much in his truck / trailer, so who knows.

Ken will bring this to you.

Peter and Joe,,
I have both of your rockets..
I haven't unloaded the truck just yet..
I'll unload on Monday..
I'm beat...
What a wonderful day today...
Kevin,, Ken Allen has your rocket...

Teddy

Still looking for a Purple 10" diameter, 14 foot tall Thumper (Polecat but stretched). Full dual electronics and a 75mm CTI 6 XL case with adapters. Left of the flight line in the lady farmer corn field. Main chute separated, sustainer and nose cone assembly came in ballistic.

Still looking for a Purple 10" diameter, 14 foot tall Thumper (Polecat but stretched). Full dual electronics and a 75mm CTI 6 XL case with adapters. Left of the flight line in the lady farmer corn field. Main chute separated, sustainer and nose cone assembly came in ballistic.

I went to that field a few weeks ago. that field is feed corn, it's like 7+ feet tall. those fields were combed after LDRS several times looking for rockets. if it's in the corn it wont be found until harvest, which is unfortunate. I did not know about this rocket until the corn was too tall. we'll be out there this weekend, but I don't know what we can do.

I went to that field a few weeks ago. that field is feed corn, it's like 7+ feet tall. those fields were combed after LDRS several times looking for rockets. if it's in the corn it wont be found until harvest, which is unfortunate. I did not know about this rocket until the corn was too tall. we'll be out there this weekend, but I don't know what we can do.

Make sure to give the farmer a heads up on that one. That will do alot of damage to a harvester if not spotted before part of it is ingested.

Make sure to give the farmer a heads up on that one. That will do alot of damage to a harvester if not spotted before part of it is ingested.

+1...
Good lookin out John...

Teddy

Oh,,
And by the way,,
Gorgeous hybrid flight...
I had never seen one before...
Way too cool...

+1...

Oh,,
And by the way,,
Gorgeous hybrid flight...
I had never seen one before...
Way too cool...

Thanks Teddy, I flew it again Sunday with more pressure in the tank. Totally different effect, more roar and less farting sound. Same rocket/motor, Fart mode 4400ft, scream mode 3300 ft. Fart mode is a lot more power.

Thanks Teddy, I flew it again Sunday with more pressure in the tank. Totally different effect, more roar and less farting sound. Same rocket/motor, Fart mode 4400ft, scream mode 3300 ft. Fart mode is a lot more power.

I don't know about the whole farting thing,, lol..
I like long burns..
That was an inanely cool flight...

Teddy

By any chance, has this unpainted 54mm fiberglass rocket been found?
Last seen streaking into the heavens at LDRS.

20150625_SkyHook.jpg

IMG_8436c.jpg

Back