L1 Success

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Gypsy

Reaction score
I made my L1 attempt this past weekend at the Launch Crue 25th Anniversary Celebration and Sport Launch in Holland, IN. This is a Madcow 4" fiberglass Little John going up on an AT I285R-10. Thanks go out to Mike Borman for the great photos.

lc071115_11 - Copy.jpglc071115_12.jpg

Dennis

Congrats! And on an I, very cool.
Also didn't know Southern In had a launch site!

Last edited:

The Launch Crue has been around for 25 years. I just hooked up with them this year. They have launched at least one rocket at every monthly meeting since the club was formed - rain, shine, sleet or snow.

Wow! It looks like you did it in style! Congratulations!

Thanks Thirsty. This was actually my first time witnessing a HPR launch in person. I really did not have any expectations on how loud it would be. My bird dog is still a little freaked out.

Dennis

Awesome! Great looking rocket, too. It has a 54mm mount? Hah, I bet that if you want your L2 you could simply buy a J1055 and let it rip, no extra deployment or electronics needed. If you built it solid, of course, as those motors have some serious kick.

To elaborate on what Dennis said, Launch Crüe is a 25 year old NAR chapter that meets just outside of Holland Indiana. It is just off I-64, about half-way between Evansville and Louisville, and very close to Holiday World at Santa Claus. The field is a large cow pasture (yes, there are cows) and we can fly anything up to about K, although duel deploy is recommended. We also host four NAR sanctioned regionals each year. You don't have to be a member to fly with us at either meetings or contests and all are welcome! The map to out launch site and a calendar of our meetings and events are both available from our website which is linked to in my signature. Come down and fly with us some time!

To elaborate on what Dennis said, Launch Crüe is a 25 year old NAR chapter that meets just outside of Holland Indiana. It is just off I-64, about half-way between Evansville and Louisville, and very close to Holiday World at Santa Claus. The field is a large cow pasture (yes, there are cows) and we can fly anything up to about K, although duel deploy is recommended. We also host four NAR sanctioned regionals each year. You don't have to be a member to fly with us at either meetings or contests and all are welcome! The map to out launch site and a calendar of our meetings and events are both available from our website which is linked to in my signature. Come down and fly with us some time!

Sounds great! Even though it will cost me a trip to Holiday world, hope to come fly with you guys :)

Congratulations! I might just have to pack up the family and make it a Rocket Launch/Holiday World weekend this fall!

Back