Should I buy more rocket stuff?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, do you need to ask?

I am sure that your girlfriend is very sweet and already puts up with so much from you. You should take the money you were going to spend on silly rocket thingies and take her out to a really nice dinner or shopping for a new outfit including a new handbag and at least a couple pairs of shoes. A nice romantic weekend might be in order as well. She gnujnnzcl....

Sorry guys, I just went out to get a beer, and my wife took control of my keyboard. Please disregard the comments above.

Honey, comeon! Your going to ruin all my street cred with my fellow rocket nerds!

OK. I messed up. I did a medium sized order of rocketry stuff but said this would be the last in a while. Obviously, the next days I found plenty more stuff I need... What am I to do?

don't let anybody else get the mail, hide whatever comes, incorporate it into your life very slowly so no one notices, do not let anybody else see the bills,
order more stuff, go into denial

Duh... yeah... just to the point she threatens divorce then back off a little.

Give her some time, she'll get used to it. Two years ago, when i began lauching MPR, she was getting mad at me for spending 150$ on "those little rockets" as she said back then.
I can now spend hundreds on HPR reloads without problem as long as i can afford it. Maybe getting into bigger rockets looks more "serious" to her.

Build a big rocket and get certified :grin:

don't let anybody else get the mail, hide whatever comes, incorporate it into your life very slowly so no one notices, do not let anybody else see the bills,
order more stuff, go into denial
Been doing that for years and it works. She only sees one rocket at a time as I build them. They just slowly work their way inside.
She found one of my stashes already, but thank goodness I have more than one missile storage. Never let the enemy know all your secrets or their might be a nuclear war.

Give her some time, she'll get used to it. Two years ago, when i began lauching MPR, she was getting mad at me for spending 150$ on "those little rockets" as she said back then.
I can now spend hundreds on HPR reloads without problem as long as i can afford it. Maybe getting into bigger rockets looks more "serious" to her.

Build a big rocket and get certified :grin:

Mine says 'while you play rockets'

Kenny

Now that's the kind of sound advice I'm expecting from fellow rocketeers! Are any of you also into finance councelling?

Of course, go buy more rocket stuff! Do the patriotic thing and support small business. And tell her your decision over a romantic evening with candlelight dinner and flowers.

And if you doubt me, let me add that I've been down your path many times over our 41 years of marriage. I'm getting reasonably good at this!

Finally, when buying locally, use cash. Avoid those expenditures using a credit card, which can be traced. And sneak the items into the house/shop late at night.

Last edited:
You guys sure are a sneaky lot [emoji14]

Just in case it wasn't 100% clear, this whole thread is a bit tongue-in-cheek. My girlfriend is happy when she sees following my passions or engaging in my hobbies. Likewise, I am happy when she does activities that make her fell good.

I do have to watch our expenditures just like anyone else, but I am lucky and I don't have to beg to buy rockets :)

You guys sure are a sneaky lot [emoji14]

Just in case it wasn't 100% clear, this whole thread is a bit tongue-in-cheek. My girlfriend is happy when she sees following my passions or engaging in my hobbies. Likewise, I am happy when she does activities that make her fell good.

I do have to watch our expenditures just like anyone else, but I am lucky and I don't have to beg to buy rockets :)
I never have to beg or ask to buy rockets. I feel guilty because I am going way overboard. Just this month I have spent almost a grand on 4th of July rocket sales, ebay OOP's, Hobby Lobby engines, local hobby stores convenience purchases, dime store accessories, etc.. My wife don't say anything, but I wonder what she thinks. It's embarrassing to me more than anything.

We've got only one life to live, might as well do what we like with it!

Have you moved the car out of the garage in order to make more space for rockets? No? Then you can still buy more stuff. Ask me how I know. :)

Back