• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Spring Cleaning... 38 / 54 Rouse Tech hardware and a pair of Gizmos - for sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
Spring Cleaning (a little late) ... 38 / 54 Rouse Tech hardware and a pair of Gizmos - for sale

I have managed to accumulate some duplicates and/or under-utilized hardware, and now is the time to pass them along. I also have a few built kits that need to move to make room for the upcoming Biggest Jayhawk in the World project. (All proceeds from this sale go directly into the 17" diameter mega Jayhawk build, so by proxy you can be part of the team!) Not planning on shipping anything just yet, this round is intended for face-to-face handoff in the tri-state area (N Illinois, S Wisconsin, NW Indiana), with free delivery to Bong, Princeton, New Berlin sod field, or Hughes farm launches. I will accept cash, personal check, or an I.O.U. from known individuals for all transactions. Everything listed was purchased new by me, all histories known and proper care/cleaning given. PM me and I'll hold them for you (in the order PM received).

Rouse Tech Hardware (Aerotech compatible / interchangeable):

(1) Rouse Tech 38 / 240 hardware set / complete motor = (casing, aft closure, open forward closure). Flown 6 times, excellent condition. $58. ($96 retail)

(1) Rouse Tech 38 / 360 hardware set / complete motor = (casing, aft closure, open forward closure). Flown 4 times, excellent condition. $60. ($99 retail)

(sold) - Rouse Tech 38 / 480 hardware set / complete motor = (casing, aft closure, open forward closure, seal disk). Flown 4 times, excellent condition. $70. ($110 retail)

(1) grab bag of forty assorted 38mm Aerotech RDK delay elements. Free if included with any two 38mm motors listed above (first priority), or $15 if sold outright.
Includes three x RDK-09, two x 11, twenty one x 12, three x 13, five x 14, three x 15, and three x 17.​
(sold) - Rouse Tech 54 / 1280 hardware, full set (casing, aft closure, open forward closure). Flown 5 times, excellent condition. $95 ($145 retail)

(sold) - Rouse Tech 54mm extended forward closure, open. Flown 1 time (J135-W), excellent condition. $25. ($42 retail)

(sold) - Polecat Aerospace 7.5” fiberglass nosecone. new and unused. includes factory bulkhead (not installed) with U-bolt. $25

(sold) - Built 5.0” original Gizmo fiberglass rocket. flown in the MWP6 (2008) Drag Race and 9 times since, (nothing extreme… only 38-4G to 54-2G). Apogee deploy, flies well on an I211, I284, I215, or J275. Includes motor section (with 54mm Aero Pack motor retention body, two 1010 rail buttons, stainless U-bolt) and molded fiberglass nose cone with bulkhead and U-bolt. minor surface damage (Bong runway) to nose cone from an early flight (molded fiberglass, thin gelcoat), repaired and repainted. motor section in original yellow paint with Reptar sticker on side. $70

(1) Built 8.0” Gizmo XL DD fiberglass rocket. flown in the MWP X (2012) drag race and one time since. includes 25” 3 fin motor section, avionics bay, 25” payload section, and 24.5” nose cone. I removed / recycled two of the ejection charge canisters (main/forward side) and the 98mm AeroPack retainer. It does include the two apogee/aft side ejection charge canisters, two avionics sleds with standoff holes spaced for Stratologger 100s, two 1515 rail buttons, stainless hardware (6 all-threads, 5 U-bolts), Kevlar recovery harness on motor section, and some very fine Stickershock graphics (Pink Floyd theme). $180
features = donut av bay has 6 stainless steel all-threads and 2 stainless U-bolts. Is set up for two sleds to fit all-threads with 1.25” centers. sleds (included) have standoffs for SL100 altimeters (not included)
= 25” payload bay.
= nose cone bulkhead glass-in, includes stainless U-Bolt
= very fine graphics from Stickershock with Pink Floyd theme.​
limitation = no installed motor retention (but holes are drilled / spaced for 98mm Aero Pack), no forward (main) ejection charge canisters (but includes the aft / apogee canisters).
has flown twice (N3000, M3400), using 3g at apogee and 6g for main.
will sell for $180 complete or $120 for just the motor section and av bay, (without payload body tube or nose cone, which will fit my Formula 200 av bay, and I am particularly fond of the Pink Floyd “Back Catalogue” wrap by Stickershock).

Thanks for looking.

items sold in red font
available in blue font

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_3282.JPG - Version 2.jpg

gizmopanorama-1.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

Last edited:
Back