need help with astron skydart II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amb1976

Reaction score
i finished building my skydart but have an ejection problem. the center of the outer tube pinches in on the inner tube. it will only travel halfway when pulled by hand. of course it will slide all the way out with a little effort. will the ejection charge of a B6-4 be enough to safely eject, or do i need to modify it somehow?

I would sand down the green rings next to the metal washers. Also look inside the body tube of the glider portion and see if any glue got in there some how.

John Boren

i tried that, and although i do see some minimal difference, i don't know if that will solve the problem. i think what may have happened is that the weight of the wing assembly may have flattened the body tube just enough directly under the tail fin. not sure where to go with that. i'll shoot it anyway, and if it blows up, at least i had fun building it.

I have a rebuilt Bomarc and a scratch upscale version, both gliders using pop-pods. I had stored them resting on the Ram-jets. Whoops that made them out round. I had had to sand to shape the front pop-pod ring slightly out of round to fit the tube, since the pod HAD to be inserted in the same position every time. They are now stored upside down. Hope this helps.

Back