Adult Cranial Reinforcement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I don't care about how I look and stuff, having long ago reached independence from others.
I was just imagining a type of Plastic Surgery where they simple insert sub-cutaneous struts atop your cranium for reinforcement.
Why not right. Carbon fiber? Fiberglass? Titanium Graphene Ribs?:confused:
Which Epoxy to use?
Can I get a set of Horns?
Let's face it, 590 years from now these are all going to be commonplace bodymods.

My son had this. They used titanium plates and wire and pieces of bone. No epoxy just screws. Whatever you use it has to be pretty inert otherwise it will react. He use to have a little "horn" on his forehead where one of the screws poked out a bit, but he kept on wacking it so we had them remove it.

I don't care about how I look and stuff, having long ago reached independence from others.
I was just imagining a type of Plastic Surgery where they simple insert sub-cutaneous struts atop your cranium for reinforcement.
Why not right. Carbon fiber? Fiberglass? Titanium Graphene Ribs?:confused:
Which Epoxy to use?
Can I get a set of Horns?
Let's face it, 590 years from now these are all going to be commonplace bodymods.
When things like this become consumer-buyable I have a long list of planned upgrades.

Top, regardless of what you use to reinforce your brain bucket I still think you're going to need a real helmet when you ride your cycle.

It isn't so much the cranial cover, it's the internal strut work that's the real killer ;)

You can already get the horns. Saw a guy at a gas station with horns once and decided to ask. He had both permanent subcutaneous horns and threaded steel things implanted in his skull for removable horns. He was a tattooist and body mod professional on his way to a convention in Las Vegas. Whatever floats your boat. I'm sticking with guns, rockets, and beers.

My helmet and horns are screwed into my skull with 4" lag bolts. I did it myself in the garage. It hurt a little bit, but was totally worth it.

My helmet and horns are screwed into my skull with 4" lag bolts. I did it myself in the garage. It hurt a little bit, but was totally worth it.
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Sorry, I fainted a little bit on my keyboard. Brings a whole new meaning to the word "thread", eh?

Back