Replacement Parts for Hawk Hobbies Super Mark

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwmzmm

Reaction score
I'm looking for several replacement parts to repair my Hawk Hobbies (OOP) Super Mark. On the last flight, I used the Quest C6-3 engine (the long burning one) and the model got caught in a wind gust just as it left the launch pad and weather cocked severely, causing the ejection charge to go off right before it would have nosed into the ground. Hence, the upper half of the body tube was badly damaged.

What is the compatible sized body tube for the Super Mark (1.640 inches in diameter) and Coupler Tube (Company and catalog number)? I want to just remove the entire body tube section just above the "fin can" and use a coupler just forward of the engine mount to "splice" a brand new tube.

Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks Gary, that EMRR product review is mine (hehehehe!!!). The kit only listed the part in question as "Body Tube," with no catalog number or part number. I've been told about an hour ago that Hawks Hobbies used virtually all SEMROC parts when Carl was still running his business, and now that Randy Broadway of eRockets has the SEMROC inventories, I'll shoot him a message and perhaps he'll be able to sell me what I need to repair my model. The Super Mark is an excellent sport & demo model, and in memory of Loretta Hawkins I'd like to get it repaired so I can once again resume flying it.

Thanks Gary, that EMRR product review is mine (hehehehe!!!). The kit only listed the part in question as "Body Tube," with no catalog number or part number. I've been told about an hour ago that Hawks Hobbies used virtually all SEMROC parts when Carl was still running his business, and now that Randy Broadway of eRockets has the SEMROC inventories, I'll shoot him a message and perhaps he'll be able to sell me what I need to repair my model. The Super Mark is an excellent sport & demo model, and in memory of Loretta Hawkins I'd like to get it repaired so I can once again resume flying it.

Actually, I failed to see the EMRR review you posted was that of James Gartrell and that was a Super 305 Mark kit, not the standard Super Mark I did the review as well. See:

https://archive.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/hh_super_mark.shtml

Honestly, I don't know much about tubes and NC's out of the usual LPR range...(Estes types if you will). If I were to build a bigger Mark rocket, I'd prolly scale it and turn my own nose cone. But that my avenue.

Standard BT-60 is 1.637". The QModeling Starship Vega was listed as 1.64 but seemed heavier/sturdier than standard, so maybe there is a heavy wall -60. I hope that eRockets gets you set up.

Can't speak for sturdiness, but the old Centuri ST-16 had an outside diameter of 1.640 vs Estes BT-60 of 1.637. eRockets should have both.

I've already sent Randy Broadway of eRockets a message, so I should be hearing something from him shortly. :)

I went ahead and ordered replacement parts from Estes last weekend as I haven't heard back from Randy or eRockets regarding my inquiries of getting parts. Estes order arrived today and I've already went to work removing the damaged segment of the body tube and replacing it with a new BT-60 along with a JC-60 coupler. Pic below is that of a dry fit only. Hope to have the model fully repaired in time for our club's (Old Rocketeers NAR Section # 724) next club launch, perhaps as early as next weekend. Thanks to all who provided very valuable advice and tips! Appreciate it very much.

SAM_9210.jpg

Finished the Super Mark, it's ready to be flown. Hopefully I'll be able to put it up at our club's (Old Rocketeers, NAR Section #724) sport launch as early as this coming weekend.

11742656_10205168284707219_2120466495508468085_n.jpg

Back