ooohhhhwwwww

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About my comment... It's a quote from Yakov Smirnoff. He was driving through California, feeling free, when he heard those words over the radio. Practically scared him to death.

What A Country!

In a hotel room in Moscow during the Cold War, four strangers meet in a room for four. Three of them soon open a bottle of vodka and proceed to get acquainted, then drunk, then noisy, singing, and telling political jokes. The fourth man desperately tries to get some sleep; finally, in frustration he surreptitiously leaves the room, goes downstairs, and asks the lady concierge to bring tea to Room 67 in ten minutes. Then he returns and joins the party. Five minutes later, he bends to a power outlet: "Comrade Major, some tea to Room 67, please." In a few minutes, there's a knock at the door, and in comes the lady concierge with a tea tray. The room falls silent; the party dies a sudden death, and the prankster finally gets to sleep. The next morning he wakes up alone in the room. Surprised, he runs downstairs and asks the concierge what happened to his companions. "You don't need to know!" she answers. "B-but... but what about me?" asks the terrified fellow. "Oh, you... well... Comrade Major liked your tea gag a lot."

Growing up the local radio station was KNUJ (spell it backwards and see what it spells out). It was a small farming community in southern Minnesota and they played a little bit of music for everyone. That meant we got country, soft rock, and polka music in random order. And when it was time for the news or the hog report, they just pulled the needle off the record no matter where it was in the song and started talking.

No offense intended for those that like Country, but it friggin sucks. I guess that's why it's spelled JUNK backwards.
That's how I feel about Country Music.
"my wife ran off with the neighbor, took my pickup truck, and ran over my dog on the way out and I'm left with the bills"
Depressing to say the least.

No offense intended for those that like Country, but it friggin sucks. I guess that's why it's spelled JUNK backwards.
"my wife ran off with the neighbor, took my pickup truck, and ran over my dog on the way out and I'm left with the bills"

[video=youtube;RVwbQkpXuhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVwbQkpXuhw[/video]

:) Ya'all jest ain't found the right kinda country to listen to.

Last edited:

If you play country music backwards you get your wife back, your pickup truck back and your dog back.

I once worked with a guy that listened to country.
We were the only 2 auto body techs in the facility.
We came to terms that mornings were RnR, afternoons were country.
I planned my day so all my noisy work was done in the afternoons.
I can take Blues (Stevie Ray Vaughn for example) Jazz, even swing.
Something about Country just makes me irratated.
Again, no offense for those that like it, just not for me.

On the reason I started this tread, was hoping some you would list your favorite RnR stations.
Braden my listening range across the country.

Here's some real music by an Aussie who was heavily influenced by Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed...Country Musicians.

[video=youtube;H3dUmG8x3lc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3dUmG8x3lc[/video]

Last edited:
You like that? Here's more.

[video=youtube;u6BBd1gy_aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6BBd1gy_aQ[/video]

Sorry to hear that Woody. When you said you were in a lot of pain, now I understand.

Back