North Coast Rocketry Cluster Duck Body Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1436137398.604715.jpg

Just dug mine out after having it for a year. Debating some mods. Who or what body tube is it?

Would a coupler from Loc Precision fit?

If its 3"OD and 2.93" ID its the same tubing as Estes PSII Leviathan and couplers are available from Estes, BMS carries the same tubing as T-300 and sells 4", 6", and full length coupler stock. The nose cone looks like BMS' s PNC-300K.

Loc's couplers will not work in Estes tubing Locs ID is like 3.0"

It's listed as a 2.6" dia. I measure about 65mm ID

In that case a 65mm ID (2.559")is just a hair larger than the OD of a Blue Tube coupler at 2.542" or a BT80 coupler at 2.554", a Loc 2.56" coupler might also work as Apogee lists the OD as 2.555". Lots of choices depending on wether its a lighter Estes type airframe or a heaver Loc type airframe.

Edit: after looking at Apogees description of the Cluster Duck it says the tubing is heavy wall tubing, its most likely a Loc airframe.

Last edited:
In that case a 65mm ID (2.559")is just a hair larger than the OD of a Blue Tube coupler at 2.542" or a BT80 coupler at 2.554", a Loc 2.56" coupler might also work as Apogee lists the OD as 2.555". Lots of choices depending on wether its a lighter Estes type airframe or a heaver Loc type airframe.

Edit: after looking at Apogees description of the Cluster Duck it says the tubing is heavy wall tubing, its most likely a Loc airframe.

I'd say it's the loc style as is heavy

Madcow 2.6" Couplers fit perfectly in NCR 2.6" tubes. Matt is very consistent with the tubing. I have 2 of the SA-14 Archers and am using the Madcow Av-Bay kit in one of them and it fits like a charm.

Madcow 2.6" Couplers fit perfectly in NCR 2.6" tubes. Matt is very consistent with the tubing. I have 2 of the SA-14 Archers and am using the Madcow Av-Bay kit in one of them and it fits like a charm.

Cool thank you

I put this away but dug it back out.

Thinking electronics

Deployment and staging/air starts.

Any ideas suggestions

Back