MY L-3 CERTIFICATION FLIGHT IN 2009 ( GHS PHOENIX )

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozwald

Reaction score
Https://youtu.be/y5lPQz-8yVY

This is my Polecat 10" Nike Smoke flying on an AT M-1350 to 4,280 feet

My buddy made this video the weekend of the launch and it had over twenty hits on YouTube before I even got home on Sunday. And no, I don't consider myself a rocket genious. Watch the volume control cause the music starts off kinda loud.

I really do enjoy those flights that do not snap your neck at ignition and you get to watch the entire flight through your own eyes rather from the commentary of a teenager standing next to you pointing and saying, "It's right there, are you blind or somethin'?"

Thanks for sharing.

How much did it weigh? It look longer than the stock kit.

It was 13 feet but now it is 12'6" due to the fact that I had to cut that 6" section out that was damaged from my charge canister vaporizing and sending plastic shrapnel outward in all directions. The damage is evident at the end of the video. It weighs in at 72 or so pounds loaded so I'm not quite at the recommended 5/1 thrust to weight ratio with a 1350 but it flies very stable. Next flight I'm going to throw an m1850w at it so it should be a pretty good launch. My sponsors were giving me crap about the damage but when Bob H. Came over and said wrap some tape around it, it'll fly again they signed off on my cert flight. Those hillbilly' s are sure something else.( Don't know if you know any of the Phoenix group) Thanks for watching

I have the same rocket. Mine was a stock 11' 8"

I could have used another foot or 2 to the booster to make it take a long motor.

Back