A great Darwin Award contestant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When he said, "@#$% the alligators," he wasn't literally trying to @#$% an alligator, was he? Because then I think the alligator could probably claim it was acting in self defense and just trying not to get @#$%ed by this bozo.

I sure hope I don't die stupidly. I'd hate having everyone remember me this way!

Did you hear about the guy that died while lighting a mortar firework off the top of his head?

Did you hear about the guy that died while lighting a mortar firework off the top of his head?

Yes, I did! These two guys may have been twins separated at birth.

Next we're going to hear about some guy trying to light a firework off an alligator's head.

Yes, I did! These two guys may have been twins separated at birth.

Next we're going to hear about some guy trying to light a firework off an alligator's head.

They tried that in 1814 along with Colonel Jackson after their barrels melted down. The gators lost their minds.

[video=youtube;90uEEGHGSnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90uEEGHGSnU[/video]

A few years back some idiot tried to steal the copper from the transformers that fed a nearby abandoned mall (Rolling Acres Mall, the mall of my youth, you can find photos online if you google it). The problem was, the power was still on. He fried. Now everyone remember him as the stupid guy who fried trying to steal copper. Not how you want to be remembered.

Here's one who lived:

An Apollo 13 preview audience member hated the ending

Test screenings of the film were generally a success, but director Ron Howard was fascinated by the opinion of one 23-year-old who seemed to be aggravated at the film's climax, where the astronauts plop into the ocean unharmed. This, he wrote on a comments card, was “Terrible. More Hollywood BS. They would never survive.”

Thanks, guys! You learn something new every day, and that is officially my thing for the day!

An interesting fact about this battle which took place December 24, 1814, through January 8, 1815 was that The Treaty of Ghent was signed on December 24, 1814. For all intents and purposes the war was already over. Hostilities would continue in Louisiana, without knowing about and contrary to the Treaty, until January 18 when all of the British forces had retreated, finally putting an end to the Battle of New Orleans.

Back