Fiberglass / HD Plastic Tail Cones?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
While I'm prepping my Scion, I've been working up a few design ideas. One includes a 3" tail cone similar to a V2. I did a couple of searches but came up empty. Any suggestions as to where to look for these?

You could make one from Estes or BMS pnc-300k since you have implied you are using the Estes 3" airframe. Loc parts wont work in Estes 3".

This build is a LOC tube base design. May end up being blue tube or fiberglass. This one the Estes tubes are way too thin for.

Okay, evidently I missed the bit about using Loc tubing, its easy enough to cut a NC into a boattail.

Okay, evidently I missed the bit about using Loc tubing, its easy enough to cut a NC into a boattail.

I don't think I had mentioned it. LOC and Always Ready are what I'm looking to use for most custom builds. The Estes stuff is just for the LPR, MPR and low end HPR. I'd never want to base a high alt rocket on just Estes tubing.

EDIT: I just realized it could have been implied I meant to use this on my Scion build. My apologies. This is a separate design I am working on while I begin the prep for my Scion build. The tail cone is not for the Scion.

Last edited:
Back