computer trouble

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

Reaction score
Hi I have an HP PC running windows.
When I fire it up I click on Google Chrome.
Says its a malicious website.
Only shows 2/3rds of the screen ( left side of screen)
I used the arrow thingy to try and pull it to full screen to no avail
Thoughts?
Thanks
Mark

What version of windows?

What home page do you have set in Chrome?

Does it work if you use Internet Explorer?

It does sound like Chrome is messed up. I think you should open IE and make it your default browser, then uninstall Chrome. Reboot, download Chrome via IE and try again

Safe measure I'd run malwarebytes, aka mbam. It will help find anything extra.

Just want to say you guys are amazing. No matter what happens, I can always come here for assistance.
Thanks to all
Mark T

I second Malwarebytes. I was over at a good friend's house yesterday. His laptop running Win7 was running very slow and a lot of google searches were coming back with no server messages. I had him open Task Manager and with no programs running, his CPU usage was over 80%! I had him install MBAM and run it - it found a lot of little stuff and a Trojan! Took about an hour, but got rid of all that crap. After a reboot, Chrome was running normally and the machine was back no longer slow and laggy.

I would recommend running MBAM once, letting it clean up what it does, rebooting, and running it again.

I would then, assuming it comes back clean in MBAM installing all Windows updates. Upgrade/patch all of your browsers to current level all with any apps you use.

I might also take a look at what AV security package you are running.

Final suggestion is to not run all the time as an administrator. Set up an administrator account, and use a separate account regular user account for day to day use.

I do this stuff for a living.

And stay away from sites that might infect your computer and I'm not talking the obvious sites. The worst infection I ever received was from a Malaysian bicycle site. I went there to find out about a bike I'd bought. First it was a few "get bigger" ads then the complete pR0n infestation, sending out thousands of pieces of nasty SPAM... I had to get a new hard drive... :p

Safe measure I'd run malwarebytes, aka mbam. It will help find anything extra.

I just ran Malwarebytes free trial version.
It's helped some, but there are still more pop ups to be dealt with.
I'd try it, buddy.

The bad boy I wanted to kill was RazorWire ads. They're nasty and will clog your entire screen each time you jump from website to website.

In MBAM there is a setting section under there is a section on detection I believe it is. Make sure you check select the root kits option, and then run another scan.

Latest posts

Back