Awesome Sight!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I know you folks out in the south west prolly forgot all about these, and for a while, I was wondering if we were going to see one again. Lotta rain over here in the Carolina's, but not much in my area. This afternoon, we got a short heavy burst and when I saw the sun shining, and it still raining, I grabbed my camera and caught this.

Rainbow.jpg

Wow is that beautiful Gary.....
Lucky you grabbed the camera. ..
Great shot...

Teddy

I didn't have time to reach higher ground to get a full shot. They usually only last about 5-10 minutes. But is is one of the better ones we've had this year.

I know you folks out in the south west prolly forgot all about these, and for a while, I was wondering if we were going to see one again. Lotta rain over here in the Carolina's, but not much in my area. This afternoon, we got a short heavy burst and when I saw the sun shining, and it still raining, I grabbed my camera and caught this.

Nope-we haven't forgotten these. We put them on flags, buildings, old Cadillacs and Volkwagens, socks and suspenders and sometimes Unicorns. Sadly most have forgotten this was usually accompanied by something called 'rain'. I hope my children see some before they get too old and dried out to care.....

Back