54 mm Retainer for Wildman Punisher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kids49

Taz
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What is the latest on the 54 mm Aeropack retainer for the Wildman Punisher? There have been a lot of these built. I have done a few searches. Do I get the L or P version. Are people liking the extra ring to fill in the gap. Any sign of Aeropack getting a retainer to fit the new thin walled tubes exactly? I saw that suggested in some posts. Thanks.

I have used the retainer from WM with the extra ring. It works just fine, no problems at all.

RA54, RA54L, or RA54P? CJ mentioned 54 in his build thread, so I am thinking RA54. Not sure if was generically referring to 54 mm retainer.

I used the 54P on mine if I recall correctly and it fit perfectly (with the ring).

Thanks. I should know the letter designation. I have enough of these. The RA54 is a flange mount (which I also have). P makes sense. Just wanted to double check. Working up to ordering a Punisher.

It's the 54 P.
If you ordered it with the Punisher, it should come with the ring.
If ordered by itself or with other items later, you should specify it's for thin walled tubing & you need the ring.

All of Wildman kits with 54 motor mounts now use thin wall, weight saving tubing. Obviously the "standard" 54P will be loose on thin wall.
Rather than have another retainer in inventory to complicate matters....simple solution was to use a ring to compensate for the thin wall.

Ring is glued on motor mount first, then retainer glues on ring. You may have to sand a bit for ring to fit. Not much glue is needed, only enough to fill the scallops on ring.
This was the most cost effective way to do it, no need for A-P to set up & make yet another retainer. Now the vendor just adds a ring to orders needing thin wall mounts.
DON"T forget to specify when ordering which one you need!

It's the 54 P.
If you ordered it with the Punisher, it should come with the ring.
If ordered by itself or with other items later, you should specify it's for thin walled tubing & you need the ring.

All of Wildman kits with 54 motor mounts now use thin wall, weight saving tubing. Obviously the "standard" 54P will be loose on thin wall.
Rather than have another retainer in inventory to complicate matters....simple solution was to use a ring to compensate for the thin wall.

Ring is glued on motor mount first, then retainer glues on ring. You may have to sand a bit for ring to fit. Not much glue is needed, only enough to fill the scallops on ring.
This was the most cost effective way to do it, no need for A-P to set up & make yet another retainer. Now the vendor just adds a ring to orders needing thin wall mounts.
DON"T forget to specify when ordering which one you need!

Thanks CJ. One Punisher and accessories ordered. With all of the money that I am saving by not actually flying, I can afford to buy cool rockets! I am going to show up somewhere with a pretty cool fleet of rockets. Looking forward to the Punisher.

Latest posts

Back