Retro Binder Design Excel Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build turned out real slick, excellent work!
Thanks! I enjoy building mid sized kits from time to time. I couldn't resist this one when I saw it !

I decided to keep it old school and go with the supplied elastic shock cord. I haven't had any rockets last long enough to have and issue with elastic :grin:

IMG_5358_zpszd74fzmx.jpg

IMG_5359_zpsnp6grgi4.jpg

I like to double knot my joints, then fold the remaining "tail" back and wrap masking tape around it. Hasn't failed me yet!

Braden

You did a great job with not only the build thread but very nice paint job.Came out GREAT!:wink:

Well, I am a staunch 'nay-sayer' of elastic bands, but with the quick link installed, at least the issue can be reversed. My wife won one of these kits in a raffle, I really wish she had built it, instead of selling it.

Last edited:
Well, I am a staunch 'nay-sayer' of elastic bands, but with the quick link installed, at least the issue can be reversed. My wife won one of these kits in a raffle, ireally wish she had built it, instead of selling it.

They're definitely awesome rockets! I already want to upscale it ;)

Like I said, I have not had a failure with the elastic yet, but my rockets usually don't last that long. There's quick-links on both ends, so I'll probably throw some tubular nylon in there after a couple flights. I want to fly it dual deploy so I can burn a couple AMW I motors I've got

Braden

It's not only elastic but it's old elastic. I wouldn't use it, especially if you can avoid it as easily as you're saying. If you don't have any TN or TK alternatives on hand, shoot me a PM.

Just purchased this in 3"! Can't wait to build and fly it! Already a proud owner, and it isn't even here yet!!

Back