Lost unpainted fiberglass rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta22

Reaction score
At 4 on Saturday 6/26/15 my rocket Sky Hook shot into the sky at mach 2 (predicted) on a K1440 and was not seen again.
There was a tracker beacon onboard at 222.45, but after the launch no good tracking signals were to be detected.
Would like very much to get it back and will gladly pay for its return shipment.

Rocket is:
> 48 inches long
> 54mm minimum diameter
> light green unpainted fiberglass
> 3 ft red chute
> has my name "Boris Katan" and cell number on one fin

20150625_SkyHook.jpg

Last edited:
At 4 on Saturday 6/26/15 my rocket Sky Hook shot into the sky at mach 2 (predicted) on a K1440 and was not seen again.
There was a tracker beacon onboard at 222.45, but after the launch no good tracking signals were to be detected.
Would like very much to get it back and will gladly pay for its return shipment.

Rocket is:
> 48 inches long
> 54mm minimum diameter
> 3 ft red chute

I'll keep an eye out. I hope to go to the field this weekend to see what the farmers have found.

I was out tracking my rocket and did get a signal on you frequency while trying to find mine.

It was pointing up the hill past the ravine off to the left but, right of the cluster of trees past the away cells.

I saw an SUV head off in an usual direction on a similar path.

JD

Rocket is:
> 48 inches long
> 54mm minimum diameter
> 3 ft red chute

I was out tracking my rocket and did get a signal on you frequency while trying to find mine.

It was pointing up the hill past the ravine off to the left but, right of the cluster of trees past the away cells.

I saw an SUV head off in an usual direction on a similar path.

JD

Thanks for the info.

From the spectator area I started in that general direction following the tracking signal.
Then as I got further out the signal seemed to be to my right and I followed it to the huge metal barns near the field entrance.
Then the signal seemed to end in the gully next to the barns.
Always very faint.
Not sure what that sort of signal reflections, blockages or interference was causing this.

The signal I was getting was nowhere near the barn.
I always do a 180, to make sure where the signal is coming from.
It was definitely coming from the hill. no way to tell if it was from someone else's tracker.

JD

If my rocket is found, I would gladly mail a check for $100 to the URRG member kind enough to ship it to me.

If this seems appropriate, this could be a $50 "thank you" to the local person who finds it, and $50 to cover shipping plus time and effort.
UPS ground shipping on my relatively small rocket would be about $20.

While luck will now determine if the rocket is ever found, I would like the folks who might find it to be as happy about returning it to me as I would be about getting it back. :grin:

Back