You know you went to LDRS34 when....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
You drove to the hotel at 5mph because you forgot your car goes any faster.
You learned that a forecast is only accurate when it predicts rain at a rocket launch.
You know that when the Tripoli BOD visits your tent after a ground test it's not a good thing ( :p Sorry Mrs Deb.... )

(Sorry just had to throw these in here.... they've been bouncing around my head for like 3 days now) :)

-your boots are still not allowed in the house. (from URRF2)
-it takes three days to edit all your photos
-you consider powerwashing your rockets
-You've still got dust boogers a week later

....Your wife says your truck still smells like "burnt rocket engines" snnniff ahh love that smell.

....It's time to buy and build more rockets so next time you can light off every hour for 4 days.

... Your rocket engine stash is gone

Just saying.... it WAS your idea.... :p

BTW,,, my dad was talking about that. He was in the portajohn about 400 feet away and claimed he could feel the shock wave. :)

- you're able to crack jokes about a "ground test" of massive charges in the parking area.

Ejection charges? I thought I was back at McGregor Range for live warhead tests.

Another sign:

The launch system you are cleaning up smells as bad as your shoes did.

I liked it,,,
It was better then the onion smell from URRF..... lol....

Teddy

When your SUV overheats from driving the field parameter at 5 mph for 2 hours only to cover it twice.

Not only do your rockets have dings on their fins from landing, but also have scrapes along the body tubes from being drug across the hard crusty surfaces by high winds.

I remember last year the wind used my open parachute to drag my rocket across the ground for quite a long distance. It was bucking across the ridges of the dried mud tire tracks.

You use a half tank of gas just sitting with the air conditioner on to keep from dying after running after your rockets for a mile in the heat.
Your Achilles tendons are sore the next morning.
You feel lethargic the next day from not drinking enough water.

Back