METRA July launch this weekend! July 4-5.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you beat flying rockets on the 4th of July????

Was it a washout today? Radar showed rain in the area for quite some time.

Thought I'd get there today, but turned back in Newton because of rain. Will try again tomorrow, but have to leave the launch early.

It rained this morning,,,
then cleared up and was a very nice day....
Some seriously cool flights went up....

All in all,,, a very cool day....

Teddy

Rain? What rain? Flights were going up. No lines for the pads. No catos. What more could you ask for??

Will be even better today. Sun's coming out in a few minutes, honest. :D

Perfect sunday weather. All you had to avoid was sunburn. Winds basically still all day long kept most everything close to the pad. Only one L1 cert today, so I had time to fly my ultimate wildman...gonna have to go to a more aggressive formula if there's much more wind then that!

Perfect sunday weather. All you had to avoid was sunburn. Winds basically still all day long kept most everything close to the pad. Only one L1 cert today, so I had time to fly my ultimate wildman...gonna have to go to a more aggressive formula if there's much more wind then that!

What was the motor? I've been contemplating flying my Hawk Proteus in Cobleskill, NY (7,500' waiver, but I'd be more comfortable flying under 4,500') but have been nervous to put together a motor for it.

That was the ultimate launch that day! Fantastic flight with lots of noise, beautiful burn and great landing - kudos! :)

Great day and great flights! Gotta love it!

BTW - Always apply sunscreen (before and during). I've also made it a habit to keep some in my vehicle and after seeing someone turn "red lobster", I'll also bring along aloe next time. :eek:

Ohhh mannnn...
"The ultimate launch day"
The day AFTER I'm there..... lol....

I'm sure glad you all had a great day...

Teddy

Back