Balsa Machining Services website seems to be down.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the same. Hopefully it's temporary - too many rocketry vendors going offline lately...

I'm not currently doing any building, but I hope all is well with BMS just the same, as they are my favorite Vendor.

I was just over there and tried to place an order. All seemed well, except when hitting the "submit" button on the order page. Then there's an error that appears to be webpage-related. It occurs regardless of method of payment, so I don't think its just me or connection to Paypal.

I was just over there and tried to place an order. All seemed well, except when hitting the "submit" button on the order page. Then there's an error that appears to be webpage-related. It occurs regardless of method of payment, so I don't think its just me or connection to Paypal.

working now just ordered.

So it would seem. Must have been a fluke of the internet. Since I hadn't closed out the browser, the shopping cart items were all there still, so I just placed the order.

People might want to check a thread like this one a little closer, as BMS was back up about an hour after the original post.

So you said before. Yet, there apparently were still issues for a period of time, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Today, I'm having trouble with the BMS website. Not sure if is just me, but none of the buttons (body tubes, nose cones, etc) work. I'm not sure though if is a general issue or a problem with my iPad on the site (Safari can get a bit wonky at times). Anyone else having trouble or is it just my iPad?

Today, I'm having trouble with the BMS website. Not sure if is just me, but none of the buttons (body tubes, nose cones, etc) work. I'm not sure though if is a general issue or a problem with my iPad on the site (Safari can get a bit wonky at times). Anyone else having trouble or is it just my iPad?

The site has never worked for me with iPad or iPhone. The only workaround I have found is to use my desktop.

Cheers,
Michael

I noticed a while ago that the menus don't seem to work on my iPad. They worked just fine on my Macbook, so I just use that when I go to BMS. I use Firefox instead of Safari on the Macbook, so I don't know if it's an iPad thing or a Safari thing.

Yup - that's what it was - the site just doesn't play well with Safari on an iPad. Was able to place an order from the PC when I got home.

Thanks!

Back