Any good deals on the Aerotech G-Force?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyBarbarian

Reaction score
I am looking for a good deal on 3 Aerotech G-Force rockets. The one I own currently was given as a gift, but at the time, it was being sold at Hobbylinc for around $65, and I'm pretty sure that is where it came from. Unfortunately, now it does not look like Hobbylinc has them in stock. The other online retailers that advertise it at that price range also seem to be out of stock. If anyone has a line on the G-Force at that range, please let me know. Thanks!

I know AT is planning to release a Ready-To-Fly version of the G-Force. That may be why the "builders" version is unavailable ATM. Or, it could be totally unrelated. I know there have been some hiccups with certain stock levels since acquiring Quest. AT hardware and Q2 ignitors have been scarce as of late.

Wow, bad timing TB...Tower/Rocketfun.com had a few yesterday and if you were a Super Saver member, you could've gotten $15 off and ships for free ($52) - I know since I got the $15 off $50 offer yesterday morning and perused the Aerotech rockets. :p Now it says available early July.

Sorry this doesn't help at all, but if you're willing to wait, they should have them in a few weeks and you should be able to get $8-$10 off even if you're not a member (not sure about the free shipping though...right now it's for $50 or more but it's usually off $99 or $149 or more). good luck!

OH! ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

I hear that AT will be including the new AT motor retainer in the new kits (so says Chuck in the AT thread from what I recall)...may be worth it to wait a bit since that retainer is like the Aeropack and sells separately for about $11-$15. I ordered several from Tower/Rocketfun and they're very nice. Also makes me PO'd that I still have some AT kits with the metal twangy thingy sticking out of the end. However I don't know if the new kits will cost more.

Thanks. I did check them out, but the kits are $20 more than what they are listed at the out-of-stock places. I have seen them in stock in this %85 range elsewhere. Since I'm hoping to buy 3, that is going to add up! I'm hoping not to pay that much, because at least 2 of these will be gifts to other people, and I'll be getting out of my gift budget.

Wow, bad timing TB...Tower/Rocketfun.com had a few yesterday and if you were a Super Saver member, you could've gotten $15 off and ships for free ($52) - I know since I got the $15 off $50 offer yesterday morning and perused the Aerotech rockets. :p Now it says available early July.

Sorry this doesn't help at all, but if you're willing to wait, they should have them in a few weeks and you should be able to get $8-$10 off even if you're not a member (not sure about the free shipping though...right now it's for $50 or more but it's usually off $99 or $149 or more). good luck!

Yeah, Tower is one of the places I checked, and it's too bad they are out of stock. With the coupon deal and free shipping, that would be a great deal.

OH! ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

I hear that AT will be including the new AT motor retainer in the new kits (so says Chuck in the AT thread from what I recall)...may be worth it to wait a bit since that retainer is like the Aeropack and sells separately for about $11-$15. I ordered several from Tower/Rocketfun and they're very nice. Also makes me PO'd that I still have some AT kits with the metal twangy thingy sticking out of the end. However I don't know if the new kits will cost more.

That would definitely be a nice upgrade! For myself, I would definitely want a retainer, and I used an Estes retainer on my last one. But in the case of at least 2 of these rockets, I'm planning to make them for people who are not L1, and a stock motor mount that only accepts AT single-use G motors would be fine. One of the rockets might never actually be flown --- it's more to use as a display item for promoting a business --- but I do want the owner to be able to say it is a flyable rocket if asked. The other is for a guy who I might drag out to an HPR launch in a few months, so I'd like him to feel like he can fly a larger rocket, even if it is not HPR.

I was hoping to find a good deal on 3 rockets, and just get the order done. But really I only need 1 ASAP, so maybe I'll pay more and just get it out of the way. The second one, I don't need for awhile, because the launch where it will be used is not for a few months. And the third is so I can have one in my queue --- I got some damage to my current one, which is probably fixable, but I like this rocket so much, I'd like to have a kit on hand. There's no rush on that last one.

Back