L.L. Electronics Tracker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amarillo_rocket

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with trackers made by L.L. Electronics? Pro's or Con's. I have used a Walston and Beeline but just looking at alternatives. The area where we launch has hilly terrain. I like the small size (mass) of the L.L. trackers just now sure how well they work.

https://www.radiotracking.com/

Thanks

Use them and love them. XLF6 is very similar in performance to a Walston. I use a Walston receiver. Much more convenient to use, just tighten the cap to turn on. Completely contained in waterproof aluminum case. When you order, you specify the frequency to match your receiver. I did break the antenna off one when my rocket shredded at max Q, will cost about $60 when I send it back for repair. A new one is the same as a Walston - $155.

Thanks Toni I had seen that thread a few months ago. I tried searching for it but apparently did not use the right keywords. It answered most of my questions.

I used an LL Electronics on my first L3 attempt. Rocket went to 20K and the main deployed at apogee. We had very little idea where it went because we lost signal when it went over a hill. A week later I came back and walked 18 miles with a friend and we found the rocket. It was hidden in a box canyon and the signal was coming out very directionally. Even using GPS I have one of these onboard as a backup.

Edward

Back