National Geographic's American Genius Space Race episode ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzsergio

Reaction score
Who has seen National Geographic's American Genius Space Race episode ?
I want to know who was behind all the scene props and the accuracy of the episode ?
heres some things what mean,
-Dr Von Braun kinda looks like JKF,
-The Russians were beginning to build the R-1 yet theres a N-1 poster on the wall.
-The Americans are building their first satellite yet the blueprints show the lunar lander and the command module.
-Sergei Korolev was showing the cosmonauts a rocket (the Vostok) but it was a Mercury Atlas!
-Some footage is found in the BBC's Space Race
-And in the closing scene you see Dr Von Braun with is modern model rockets in the back.

Also, during the beginning of the program, where they are showing the WWII reenacted sequence with the soldiers running around, one of them is carrying an M-16A1. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yes, triple facepalm!

Also, during the beginning of the program, where they are showing the WWII reenacted sequence with the soldiers running around, one of them is carrying an M-16A1. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yes, triple facepalm!

I didn't catch that part, its not the first time National Geographic does something like this, remember the Saturn V article with Steve Eve's Saturn?

My wife and I watched the episode together and I was disappointed with the inaccuracy in the program. I keep mentioning, "thats wrong", my wife finally told me to keep quite. She is much younger than me and doesn't remember any of the space race until the moon shots. I'm very disappointed in the National Geograghic Channel for airing such crap.

Yes, triple facepalm!

Several are also carrying SKS's.
Plus the brits who made it tried to deamonize Von Braun.

I'm very disappointed in the National Geographic Channel for airing such crap.
Same here!
I'd thought they would do their homework and get the props and their history right.
I have screen shots of what I'm talking about, just wish TRF could fix their uploading tool.

Is'nt Nat Geo one of the channels that has been doing these stupid "Bigfoot" shows lately too?
It's a shame. Even Animal Planet now has more programs about people building treehouses and similar crap than they have educational programs about actual animals.:(

Back