Purdy sod farm launch July 12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
Another launch coming up. I missed the last one but I won't miss this one (weather permitting). What rocket can I fly to say hi to Glades Kravitz?

What rocket can I fly to say hi to Glades Kravitz?

Well, I'm bringing a Red, a Blue, a SKIDMARK and, a WHITE THUNDA...that's a g:cyclops::cyclops:d start.
Going to melt the nose one off that Madcow Bomarc by day's end!:rolleyes:

Might be the best time to deliver my *New* kits too, Sir Bob.

My Great-Niece and Great-Nephew got their first taste of rocketry last weekenf at GARLO. I'll definitely be there, ans see if they want to come along to this one too! Not peddling wares until this fall, but if anybody needs anything LPR, gove me a PM and I can bring it along if I've got it.

Evil Ed Hartle,
Hartle Engineering

"Still Chasing the Demon"

Well, I'm bringing a Red, a Blue, a SKIDMARK and, a WHITE THUNDA...that's a g:cyclops::cyclops:d start.
Going to melt the nose one off that Madcow Bomarc by day's end!:rolleyes:

Might be the best time to deliver my *New* kits too, Sir Bob.

Red white and blue flames you would think this is close to the 4th of July I don't remember skids. Or did we use that as a special weapon during the revolution? I may fly green so you won't see the flame with the sod background.

My Great-Niece and Great-Nephew got their first taste of rocketry last weekenf at GARLO. I'll definitely be there, ans see if they want to come along to this one too! Not peddling wares until this fall, but if anybody needs anything LPR, gove me a PM and I can bring it along if I've got it.

Evil Ed Hartle,
Hartle Engineering

"Still Chasing the Demon"
Hope to see you there E.E. haven't had a chance to harass you since Ash Grove.

Looks like I'll be able to make it after all. If somebody brings some D motors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We met some new neighbors last month and they really enjoyed the launch, dad had memories of when he flew rockets as a kid (insert evil laugh here). Need I say more.

Now if I can just get the grand kids out of bed.

Weather permitting I will be there. I have the printer cranked up to test a few changes to the designs... mwahahaha....

However, I forgot that it was 4H fair season, the stores are fairly empty of good motors. Bob, you got some E9's for me to CATO?

I got D's E's and what ever you needs. I will also have some new Madcow Mini Bomarks:wink:

Rocket waggon is loaded. Rain chance isnt to bad in the morning and early afternoon. It's so on!

I think I am set for tomorrow. However, if you have some E9-0...

I am packing...

1 over 6 foot spinning cluster
4 spinning saucers
A non-spinning saucer
A spinning rocket
A square New-Way rocket
a repaired after E9-6 cato Little Dude
5 rockets with 3D printed cones, fins, etc...
A big egg

I think that is it... but ya never know..

Bringing-

A Bomarc.
A Mini Bomarc..

The equipment trailer, battery charger...lots of cool drinks in case it gets real warm...:eek:

Gus, do we have any mini rails in the trailer? The twisted cluster rocket will be a tight fit to put a 1010 rail through the tilted tube fin. It works well on a mini rail, but I can give it a shot on a 1010 if I need to.

Was there something I missed? What is with all the Bomarcs?

Bob, you got a special deal on those Bomarc kits?

O think I have the motors you want in the HHR. Bomarcs are a disease called Gustaphobia. I have more Bomarcs as there is no known cure

Was there something I missed? What is with all the Bomarcs?

Bob, you got a special deal on those Bomarc kits?

Apparently I'm the ONLY person on this forum that noticed that Madcow came out with a 1.6" dia. version of their bigger 29mm motored 2.6" airframe one.
This one flys on 24mm Estes motors OR...with a slight modification 29mm motors!:surprised:

We should have a mini rail in the trailer...(I know I've seen it.) So you should be taken care of!;)

I've often said- I'm an ex Air Force guy, why would I want too build an Army rocket?
I'll leave that to you guys...:lol:

Yeah, I saw the new Bomarc minis when they came out. I wish I had purchased one then. The design has certainly grown on me.

another great day. The anti rain dance worked this time!!! Some very cool flights. and some interesting tests of a copter saucer. It flew great on the D's and E's but the F... well worth donating it for the advancement of rocket science!:y:
Is there a 2 day launch in the works for next month? it is a possibility. Keep your eyes open in this area kiddies.

another great day. The anti rain dance worked this time!!!

Damn straight it worked...but, it was friggin HOT and, HUMID!

Wooooooo! This ole Wisconsin transplant isn't built for this *Southern Comfort*...:eek:

We had a great turn out today and, several new faces! :D I'm glad we got to do this considering the weather forecasts that previously predicted rain and, more rain.
Alot of great flights today...Mr. Treptow kept us amazed with his ever growing talents with his 3D printer. Great job Justin! ;)

And, i'm happy too say that the only Madcow Bomarc known to have ever flown on "J" motor and, survived tried its best today to wow the crowd with a couple of quick blasts on stout "H" motors! ;) That it did!

Special thanks to everyone for their help in range setup and, teardown...running the show...and, just coming out too see us.

I hope we didn't scare our new guests away...:rolleyes: Seriously your ALWAYS welcome! :eek: Don't feel afraid to ask questions...I'm still looking for the answers myself.

Ending thanks- Got another GREAT DEAL from Mr. Bob! :p Thank-you Starlight Dude for supporting our humble little club! See you all in August!

Great to hear the launch was a go, hope to make the August launch!

The print has begun for a clustered 18mm spinner... Just a heads up for next month.

I might consider a clustered 24mm, but what carnage would ensue when 3 F-32s are placed in there?

I counted 11 empty water bottles in my car when I got home. I dunno why I was so thirsty...

Last edited:
Great to hear the launch was a go, hope to make the August launch!

NICK! :D Missed you Amigo! Figured that work came up and, kept you busy...Was also looking for the "Evil One" yesterday.

Oh Eddie?:rolleyes:

Dang hot as Justin just eluded to above.

Will have a NEW toy to play with on our Sunday August launch. (Still to be determined, date wise.) Madcow *mini-meister* Bomarc flying on F impulse engines! Muh-ha-ha-ha!;)

Yea thanks Gus, really looking forward to seeing your bomarc!
LDRS and work kinda put the kabach on the recent launches, but I'll be back with a vengeance soon.

Latest posts

Back