Estes Huge sale again all in stock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes if you're listening, how about a scale bundle? You know you wanna.........

I should have waited for those awesome bundles, I could kick myself in the butt, I done spent all muh money. dang, Dang DANG.

You are not alone, my friend! I placed two separate orders yesterday. One is a split order for myself is a friend, the second was a dozen kits to donate to a local youth group. We're still building the 2014 bundles I purchased last year, and I guess some variety is good. Still, the prices are unbelievable!

Estes if you're listening, how about a scale bundle? You know you wanna.........

That might just cost me to much personally, the negotiations necessary to get the PSII bundle was putting new carpet in the kids room over the holiday weekend which starts tomorrow for me.

But that would be sooo cool, to pickup a Merc Redstone, a V2, Honest John, and something else....

Sorry, have to vent. I got a reply back from Christine, albeit on Thursday..

"Sorry, we cannot ship rockets out of the US."

that was pretty much it. My beef (and this vent) is really about the fact that I filled out all my info, including country from the long list of countries in their list, including my province (also from a list). and only on step 4 (of 5) when asking for shipping methods, the system seemed to lock up, unsure of what to do. So, it says "No shipping available, please contact us". So I did.

So I have to ask, if you can't ship outside the US, why have a country list? Why not have a disclaimer to the fact? And of course, why the limit to not ship outside the US?! You've shipped to me before, in this city. Mind you, that was more than 20 years ago...

Sorry for the vent / rant, but it's not just with Estes, but a few other "US based" online order houses. Either it becomes a hassle, or they're stuck with UPS as their primary shipper, and we (outside the US) get burned with massive UPS shipping & duty fees.. just hate it. I thought we had some NAFTA thing..

grrr.....

[rant over]

Sorry, have to vent. I got a reply back from Christine, albeit on Thursday..

"Sorry, we cannot ship rockets out of the US."

that was pretty much it. My beef (and this vent) is really about the fact that I filled out all my info, including country from the long list of countries in their list, including my province (also from a list). and only on step 4 (of 5) when asking for shipping methods, the system seemed to lock up, unsure of what to do. So, it says "No shipping available, please contact us". So I did.

So I have to ask, if you can't ship outside the US, why have a country list? Why not have a disclaimer to the fact? And of course, why the limit to not ship outside the US?! You've shipped to me before, in this city. Mind you, that was more than 20 years ago...

Sorry for the vent / rant, but it's not just with Estes, but a few other "US based" online order houses. Either it becomes a hassle, or they're stuck with UPS as their primary shipper, and we (outside the US) get burned with massive UPS shipping & duty fees.. just hate it. I thought we had some NAFTA thing..

grrr.....

[rant over]

That does seem like it would be annoying.

Sometimes, if the order is big enough to warrant paying for a second round of shipping (or big enough that the Estes shipping is free in the US), people outside of the country have asked someone in the US to receive the order and forward it on. It can get complicated, but can be worth it if the savings are big enough.

Yes, that has crossed my mind a few times..

And even a few 'entrepreneurs' on the border (Champlain, NY for instance) where they have a series of 'boxes' set up as street addresses, which they rent out to us Canucks.. Champlain NY is only a 1/2hr drive from here, and I cross at Champlain often when going 'south'. Will soon have to look into this..

To be fair, though, I recall seeing right at the top of the rocket page on their site - in large friendly letters - "AT THIS TIME, WE DO NOT SHIP ORDERS FROM OUR WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF UNITED STATES". This notice has been there for some time, though you might bypass it by going right to the clearance page, I'm not sure. But it has been there on the site for as long as I've been ordering from their site. I can, however, understand the frustration of being able to enter out-of-country address information when ultimately, they won't let such an order fly. They should allow the choice in the order info page.

I took full advantage of the sale. This is the order I sent in on June 29th and received on July 3rd. Awesome!!!!!!
002425 - Super Neon XL™ 0024251$8.99
009700 - Pro Series II™ Leviathan™ 0097001$22.50
009701 - Pro Series II™ Ventris™ 0097011$22.50
002444 - Fletcher™ 0024441$3.59
003225 - Solar Warrior™ 0032251$6.49
003024 - Phoenix Bird™ 0030241$6.19
001895 - Patriarch™ 0018951$4.19
Subtotal $74.45
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Grand Total $74.45

I might actually go in for another round - I just bought a Cosmic Interceptor and an Asteroid Hunter (amoung others), but another Cosmic Int. at that price is the best ticket for an upscale Vindicator. And the Ast. Hunter is cheaper than the Sci-Fi bag'o'cones, so, if I want to (near) clone a Manta Bomber or Centuri Python to go with my AC Orion, again, good entry point...

I actually managed to hold off on buying a number of rockets this weekend... I had been looking at one of the combo packs and a Partizon....

I still managed to pick up the Partizon thou (on Monday :wink:)

Now I'm thinking about that RIM-67 Standard Missile again...

While building the Argent, I couldn't help but notice the fins are pretty similar (or at least seem to be) in profile to the ones from old Cherokee-D. I'm wondering how easy it would be to build a 2.5" PS2 Cherokee-G...

I couldn't help but notice the fins are pretty similar (or at least seem to be) in profile to the ones from old Cherokee-D. I'm wondering how easy it would be to build a 2.5" PS2 Cherokee-G...[/QUOTE]

Not too hard... I'm trying to finish my build this week. Mine is a Cherokee D, but 29mm powered.

Tried to take advantage. filled my cart, filled in all my personal info, Stalled at 'Shipping Method" seems they can't ship "for free" to Canada (an no other shipping format is available).. And that I need to contact them.. E-mail sent, and am awaiting a reply.. :(

I know for free shipping your order has to be at least $100.
What did they have to say about shipping to Canada?

Tried to take advantage. filled my cart, filled in all my personal info, Stalled at 'Shipping Method" seems they can't ship "for free" to Canada (an no other shipping format is available).. And that I need to contact them.. E-mail sent, and am awaiting a reply.. :(

Estes doesn't ship to Canada... However I do.

If you want to have your order shipped to me, I can pass it on to you from here. I won't be able to pay for the extra shipping, so you'd need to pay for that. However, I can make sure you get those kits you want.

I've done it before for a member who has since left the forum do to his disagreement with the policies of the forum.

Oh... and clean out your inbox... :wink:

All The Best!
Jim

I know for free shipping your order has to be at least $100.

It appeared to me that the free shipping threshold was $50. 2 PS II kits and another simple item did the trick in my cart when I clicked through the shipping and tax quote. (though I haven't actually made the purchase).

Mark

Thank you all for the sympathies, just had to vent.

Thank you for the offers to have the stuff sent to you & then shipped to me. I will take advantage at the next sale.

And thanks for the 'main box full notification'. rarely use it, figured I'd get a notification or something!! :D

And, just checked their site. the "we only ship to US" only appears when you hit the "rockets" tab. If you go to 'Specials', or Rockets by skill level', you don't get it. And, of course, clicking on the 'Christmas in July" splash page also bypasses it. Having it on the 'proceed to check out page (where you validate your cart), or even on the top of the 'Your cart' would be a better place to have it...

Thank you all for the sympathies, just had to vent.

Thank you for the offers to have the stuff sent to you & then shipped to me. I will take advantage at the next sale.

And thanks for the 'main box full notification'. rarely use it, figured I'd get a notification or something!! :D

And, just checked their site. the "we only ship to US" only appears when you hit the "rockets" tab. If you go to 'Specials', or Rockets by skill level', you don't get it. And, of course, clicking on the 'Christmas in July" splash page also bypasses it. Having it on the 'proceed to check out page (where you validate your cart), or even on the top of the 'Your cart' would be a better place to have it...

The next sale, and I may be needing someone to ship it to me... I made some contacts with former teachers in China, and could theoretically be there by the end of next month.

The next sale, and I may be needing someone to ship it to me... I made some contacts with former teachers in China, and could theoretically be there by the end of next month.

Are you getting a job teaching Klingon?

Back