Estes Huge sale again all in stock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JERRYR708

Reaction score
Leviathan is back in stock for 22.50. Xarconian Cruiser only 8.99, Photon Probe 5.99, Flutter-By 3.39, MIRV 10.99, Super Neon XL 8.99, Phoenix Bird 6.19, Cosmic Explorer 4.49, Chuter two 4.69
Don't miss out on this 2 page sale.

Last edited:
Estes has changed their site to be more "mobile friendly." But it means you don't have a way to navigate to the specials page when you go there on your iPad, at least not that I can see.

When I had some down time at work, I checked the Estes specials and saw their big 4th of July add. Lots of cool stuff and everything is in stock at the moment. I wanted the Leviathan for Father's Day but it was out of stock so I bought the Partizon and Ventris. This time I just bought 2 Xarconian Cruisers and 2 Flutter-By's.

Can someone post a link to the sale or specials page, whatever it is called? The mobile version of the site doesn't show it, and I'm away from home for the next couple of days, with no access to my desktop computer until I get back.

Estes has changed their site to be more "mobile friendly." But it means you don't have a way to navigate to the specials page when you go there on your iPad, at least not that I can see.

I had the same problem. My workaround was to google "estesrockets specials". The specials was one of the top hits and then I bookmarked it.

Cheers,
Michael

Not as huge as the first few sales... 16 items, no combos. Darn, was really hoping for some combos.

I am thinking about getting some rockets for parts to do some experiments with air starts. I'm not familiar with all the electronics options. Does anyone know if there are timers and altimeters for air starts that can fit inside a 1.63" tube?

Thanks for the heads up. I chickened out on using the Fathers Day special to get me a PSII, won't make that mistake again. A 6 dollar Photon Probe would make a great companion to my rescued Photon Disruptor as well....

I am thinking about getting some rockets for parts to do some experiments with air starts. I'm not familiar with all the electronics options. Does anyone know if there are timers and altimeters for air starts that can fit inside a 1.63" tube?

Maybe an eggtimer. Not the TRS, but the regular. It can do airstarts. I built an avbay for my TRS from BT-58 (from eRockets) that slides nicely inside BT-60. But I can slide it out and use it like a big dongle in larger airframes.

Maybe an eggtimer. Not the TRS, but the regular. It can do airstarts. I built an avbay for my TRS from BT-58 (from eRockets) that slides nicely inside BT-60. But I can slide it out and use it like a big dongle in larger airframes.

Thanks. I'm thinking about using one of the PSII kits I already have, like the Argent, and buying three 24mm kits such as the Super Neon. My thought is to use parts from the neons to make external booster-like pods, and I'd like to be able to air start them electronicly once the rocket is moving on the central motor. I'm thinking about housing the electronics in one of the booster pods, so if I use the Super Neon, that is 1.63" BT-60. I'd also like to be able to electronicly deploy the chute at apogee using an altimeter, in case the booster pods do not ignite. So ideally, whatever timer or other system I use would also include an altimeter for deploying the chute, in addition to being able to do the air start.

Thanks. I'm thinking about using one of the PSII kits I already have, like the Argent, and buying three 24mm kits such as the Super Neon. My thought is to use parts from the neons to make external booster-like pods, and I'd like to be able to air start them electronicly once the rocket is moving on the central motor. I'm thinking about housing the electronics in one of the booster pods, so if I use the Super Neon, that is 1.63" BT-60. I'd also like to be able to electronicly deploy the chute at apogee using an altimeter, in case the booster pods do not ignite. So ideally, whatever timer or other system I use would also include an altimeter for deploying the chute, in addition to being able to do the air start.

Sounds like a cool build! The Eggtimer would work, but since it doesn't have an accelerometer it requires some advanced setup to fire airstarts like setting the velocity and altitude to fire. I'd probably recommend the Perfectflite MT4:

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Elect..._Timer?zenid=dd17e325928358d16108c5e947ef0748

It can be setup to fire the airstarts at a delay after the motor burnout (0-2 seconds normally) and is fairly simple to setup. However, it doesn't handle deployment, so you'd have to use another altimeter for deployment if you didn't rely on the central motor deploy. The StratologgerCF (also made by Perfectflite) is very compact and would be a good option, it's what I flew in my crayon this weekend.

I built two of the Super Neon XLs, 3 Cosmic Explorers, 2 Flutter by's and a photon probe from the last sale. All of them as excellent. The Flutter by I'm a little worried on recovery..

An RRC3 has an Aux channel and would fit. Also, very clear to configure.

I built two of the Super Neon XLs, 3 Cosmic Explorers, 2 Flutter by's and a photon probe from the last sale. All of them as excellent. The Flutter by I'm a little worried on recovery..

Don't glue the nose cone in on the Flutter By. Ejection blast will blow out the motor and the nose cone.
Attach the nose cone to a shock cord and a streamer.
Then, it truly becomes a Flutter By default.

Don't glue the nose cone in on the Flutter By. Ejection blast will blow out the motor and the nose cone.
Attach the nose cone to a shock cord and a streamer.
Then, it truly becomes a Flutter By default.
Thanks for the helpful information. I won't glue the nose cone like you suggested. I just ordered two Flutter-By's. One to build and one for my collection.

This born-again rocketeer just ordered a Chuter Two, Super Neon XL, and a Leviathan. All my rockets from childhood are long gone, so these three will cover me from A - G and should keep me busy for a while! All for $42.17.

Tried to take advantage. filled my cart, filled in all my personal info, Stalled at 'Shipping Method" seems they can't ship "for free" to Canada (an no other shipping format is available).. And that I need to contact them.. E-mail sent, and am awaiting a reply.. :(

They just added more models to the sale - now 4 pages worth. The Cosmic Interceptor is now $17, Asteroid Hunter $9...

Last edited:
A couple of sales ago I picked up a Partizon. This time around...trying to pick between the remaining ones...which for dual deploy...which to mod and how...heck with it, just got the other three (Leviathan, Ventris, and Argent) and some parts. Hey, free shipping!

A lot of building coming up...I STILL have to pick which to build stock, which to mod for dual deploy, which to (insert another new thing here)...

Yep, I just ordered some items as well. As if I didn't have enough already :facepalm:

16 rockets (some are duplicates) on the way, including my first two PSII rockets. That was ridiculously cheap.

I should have waited for those awesome bundles, I could kick myself in the butt, I done spent all muh money. dang, Dang DANG.

Don't beat yourself up over it...there's no telling if each sale will be the last sale and the kits are being discontinued or if they're just reducing extra stock and will reduce even further for Black Friday/etc. The deals we've gotten so far are still very good (unless you purchased full price) and you can't keep buying each time they suddenly have it for a few dollars less...I know...I've tried. ;)

According to my investment advisor, it's impossible to perfectly time the rocketry market.

Back