Aeropoxy (PTW&W)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a couple of strange experiences with PTM&W (the makers of Aeropoxy), which make me wonder if they're going out of business.

Last Monday, I called to ask if some older epoxy that I found in the back of a cabinet was still good (based on the lot number). They promised to call me back, but never did.

Then, they have apparently let their web store die. They didn't take it down; it's just broken! When I called to place an order, since the web store was broken, Dianne said "yeah, it doesn't work any more."

Finally, I ordered (via phone) some more laminating epoxy. They sent it out in good time, but when I received it the resin can was badly dented on the bottom and they sent the wrong hardener. (The order slip had the right one, but they put the wrong one in the box.)

This all struck me as very unprofessional and made me wonder if they're having problems.

I just had a couple of strange experiences with PTM&W (the makers of Aeropoxy), which make me wonder if they're going out of business.

Last Monday, I called to ask if some older epoxy that I found in the back of a cabinet was still good (based on the lot number). They promised to call me back, but never did.

Then, they have apparently let their web store die. They didn't take it down; it's just broken! When I called to place an order, since the web store was broken, Dianne said "yeah, it doesn't work any more."

Finally, I ordered (via phone) some more laminating epoxy. They sent it out in good time, but when I received it the resin can was badly dented on the bottom and they sent the wrong hardener. (The order slip had the right one, but they put the wrong one in the box.)

This all struck me as very unprofessional and made me wonder if they're having problems.

I got the same story on the web store earlier this year but I received all of my order in good shape.

I was under the impression that their webstore, was not a primary sales avenue, and that they rely on dealers for sales. I get quicker and better service through Aircraft Spruce when Ordering Aeropoxy products. Giant Leap too.

Yep, Aircraft Spruce for me too��
Greg

Ditto on the Aircraft Spruce for online sales. They also answer their phone and provide knowledgeable staff who can actually help.

Losing ES6209 would be awful. I use it for darned near everything. I think I will order a quart just to have some more on hand.

Cannot check out on the company website and an email sent two weeks ago was not responded to. Hmmmm...

Cannot check out on the company website and an email sent two weeks ago was not responded to. Hmmmm...

Yep. Not good.

My guess as to the "why" of the lack of response is that they are summer short-staffed, either slammed with business or it's really slow. Or they have website issues. Or both.

I read on another forum the SpaceX uses PTM&W products.

If you get a response, let us know.

Greg

I bought a quart kit from Aircraft Spruce...that should get me through the current build pile.

My guess as to the "why" of the lack of response is that they are summer short-staffed, either slammed with business or it's really slow. Or they have website issues. Or both.
My guess is that they're old-fashioned and just not web-savvy. It seems inconceivable that a business would say "our web store isn't working any more," but maybe they're still in the 20th century.

I sent an email asking a question a few years ago and never got a reply either. The only way to contact them is by phone.

Back