Birds of a feather

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
This nest is just outside the bedroom window.
I noticed the male has been hanging around this last week. Now I know why. I found the nest this weekend. Funny thing, I didn't notice them building the nest.
Would have been good to capture it all from start to finish.
Anywhoo---Im taking the pics thru a window..so they are not the best.

I hope to get more pics of the baby.
I did get to see mom feeding her baby..that was cool.
The big rains came in and she sat on that nest all night and day. She finally took a break this afternoon. Dad was not to far off while she was out.
The male Cardinal is very busy during this time...... https://www.wild-bird-watching.com/Cardinal.html

DSCN2906.JPG

DSCN2903 (2).JPG

DSCN2901.JPG

DSCN2910.JPG

Purdy Birdies! We have lots of Cardinals here too. This time of year, I usually wind up on the front porch as the sun is almost down, and my neighbor and I watch all the Chimney Swifts dive into the old dilapidated mill chimney across the street. I took a video a couple years ago to prove that over 3000 birds fly in there in under 30 minutes.

Purdy Birdies! We have lots of Cardinals here too. This time of year, I usually wind up on the front porch as the sun is almost down, and my neighbor and I watch all the Chimney Swifts dive into the old dilapidated mill chimney across the street. I took a video a couple years ago to prove that over 3000 birds fly in there in under 30 minutes.
That's a lot of birds. One of me buddies lives in an old farm house with attached garage/shed. The roof has had few layers of different materials put on it over many the years. The last was metal. Well, during the evening we would watch 100s/1000s? of bats fly out from under the metal roof. Im sure they had to be hanging in the attack. That was maybe 5-6 years ago. They have all but disappeared now.

That's awesome!
YUP!
Seen the pair around only a few times over the years. Knew they were here. See em at the feeder a couple times also. They kept a pretty low profile.
Now to have them nesting just outside the window..YES,AWESOME!

YUP!
Seen the pair around only a few times over the years. Knew they were here. See em at the feeder a couple times also. They kept a pretty low profile.
Now to have them nesting just outside the window..YES,AWESOME!

From what I observed years ago at my parent's house in Connecticut, once they establish a successful nesting spot, they'll return to it. You may have a good view of this event for years to come.

Sadly, Scotty Dog got fed up with some kind of tech issue with the site and decided to say "See ya'!", so we probably won't be getting any updates as to the little ones progress.

That's very cool Scott. Down my way, most of the babies have already flown the coop. Weather being colder up your way...I suppose it's delayed. Mother Nature prevails, regardless.

That's very cool Scott. Down my way, most of the babies have already flown the coop. Weather being colder up your way...I suppose it's delayed. Mother Nature prevails, regardless.
Dont imagine Ill get many more pics. Ild be surprised if its still there this afternoon. Reading up on Cardinlas and watching vids, Ild say this bird is ready to fledge.
I guess they can nest up till September.
Anywhoo---watching them was a real treat!

Last edited:
Back