female plug for Stratologger SL100?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad4hws

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
let me start this off by saying I'm not an electronics wiz by any stretch of the imagination. I'm trying to wire up some LED lights and hook up to the 3 pin Audio connector port on the stratologger. I'm not sure where to even start. I appreciate any help the group can offer.

Pin 1 is the one which is most far from the SL100 label. It is the positive pin connect it to the longest leg of the led, the middle pin is the negative pin connect it to the shorter leg of the led. Not sure what connector the board needs.

You can also get the LEDs from perfectflight already with the right connector:
https://www.perfectflitedirect.com/stratologger-led-assembly/

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

I wish i could get the perfectflite led. it's been out of stock forever (well, at least for several months). My inquires to perfectflite have gone unanswered.

What I really need is the female plug. I was hoping someone in the forum had a part number or otherwise knew where i could get a few. I don't know if this is a pretty standard plug - maybe if i am lucky.

Thanks.
don.

You might be lucky, I have one in my scrap bits of wire bin. I have several rockets that have the external speaker mounted on the avbay bulkhead. Over the years, several have gone bad, and being the frugal kinda guy I am, I saved one. It's got splices about an inch from the plug, but if you want it, PM me your address and I will send it to you.
By the way, the female part is mounted on the board, the plug is the male part. This isn't rocket science, more like anatomy...

Now if anyone has a spare SL-100, I would love to pick it up from you, just name a price....

Last edited:
I've tried and tried contacting them with zero support back.

I asked on some RC Forums about the connection. It seams it's a little bespoke.

My idea was perhaps to remove that's current fitted and replace with the same terminals for the pyro, switch, battery.

Something like this

https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121670852553&globalID=EBAY-GB

Easy enough to do.

Just need to know the pin outs and then mark on the alt so no accidents.

It looks like a 3pin JST PH, but you can get them in different sizes:
if one who has the connector could measure the distance of the pins and the size of the connector it should be possible to find the right one.
https://www.pololu.com/product/117

Just what the doctor ordered! Thanks Thomas. I will take your advice and measure the wire and the distance between pins.

You might try calling them, I have had success with that in the past. They weren't restocking the external speakers, so I talked to someone and they made a few for me and shipped them in short order. These small companies sometimes don't have anyone working full time to answer emails and phone calls, you have to be persistent to get their attention. I got this right off their webpage:
Perfectflite phone # 603-735-5994

Call from the UK. Nah. If they can't answer my mails and other why should I bother. Poor poor customer service.

My external speaker is broken. So I cut the cable. I'm no expert on using this tool and to get the tips in the hole is not easy.

I say we're on a winner.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1435676456.743566.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1435676467.371940.jpg

Since I'm in the US, I think a phone call is in order - thanks for the suggestion Wayco. True, bad customer service by not answering emails; however,it is these small businesses that really have a big impact on our hobby and I for one need to be better at supporting them so they can keep innovating and continue to make this hobby fun and exciting. imagine where we would be if someone, probably a rocket enthusiast, didn't take time, effort and money to develop these products? The margins are certainly not enough to get rich on, probably barely enough to cover costs. I know I couldn't build an altimeter, even if I wanted to - and if I could, would I want to?

so, I called and they are going to be working on a new batch of beepers and LEDs in the not so distant future. since the SL100 has been discontinued and the new CF altimeter doesn't have a plug for the beeper/LED, I also inquired about that. Sounded like it might be possible to add it in the future.

Take 5 mins for them to make that notice on the website.

So what are the 3 for

Positive
Negative
3rd?

Back