Photos from LDRS 34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great photos, thanks for sharing! there were a few of me and my son in there...

Gerald
Great photos.Can you tell me one of the pictures from AT table shows a green closure type thing with an eye bolt hooked to it. What is it??
Thanks
Gary

IMG_6101.JPG

Steely-eyed missile man.

C'mon guys! Fer cryin' out loud-Skippy goes cross country to take pics of you cats and NOBODY can post any comments? Let us know who you are-what that cool rocket is-what you are doing in that picture....it's pretty simple. What is it? Do you really want your high school picture on the milk carton because nobody could find one any newer? If this was Facebook, everybody would have a twenty five word description (and pic) of the frickin' hot dog they ate for lunch today!

Enough of the guilt trip. I am going thru them as fast as I can...

Can you imagine what that would cost if film was still involved?

Enough of the guilt trip. I am going thru them as fast as I can...

Can you imagine what that would cost if film was still involved?
LOL brother! Not picking on you specifically-you know it was a group effort right? I went and posted notes for Skippy on maybe 200 pics a few launches ago and only got a couple of additional comments on all the electrons Gerald saved from death by Facebook. It's a lonely job, but a noble cause.

Gerald
Great photos.Can you tell me one of the pictures from AT table shows a green closure type thing with an eye bolt hooked to it. What is it??
Thanks
Gary
Gary- those are mounting points for recovery gear. You cement them to the top of the DMS motors-one shot deals. Yes they are 3d printed. Think of a plugged and threaded fwd closure.

IS someone selling mounts? I could use a few of them.
THanks
Go to the Aerotech open thread and ask. Charlie gave me a couple but I think he's still getting feed back on them. I believe there was a mention of $7.00 a piece but don't hold me to it. These are relatively new and therefore really in limited supply. If you wait a bit they may come down in price a little. I think they'll need to seeing as the DMS is disposable also.

In my chat with GR Thursday they are still preliminary. My only thought is if folks think a bent 5/16" wire is not enough, what makes them think printed plastic will be?

Of course with today getting a bullet, I have nothing else to do. Gad this area is boring.

There is a race (IMSA 6 hours at the Glen) at Watkins Glen.

The Curtiss Aviation museum in Hammondsport is very interesting and you can get a nice wine tour and food at Bully Hill Winery and visit Dr. Franks winery overlooking Keuka Lake.

Or visit Ithaca, nice artsy fartsy shopping and decent restaurants.

Or you could even venture up to Rochester, visit the Eastman House, the Strong Museum of Play, the Rochester Museum & Science Center, any number of galleries, etc. Plus, there is extensive wine tours and breweries around Seneca & Keuka lakes. I would also second the Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport. Of course, there is the aforementioned sports car racing at Watkins Glen this weekend, probably also rained out though. But there really is a lot to do around here, it is anything but boring...

We found a store called Runnings. If they sold propellant I would never leave.

Apologies on the boring comment, we were looking for something w/o substantial driving.

Go to the Aerotech open thread and ask. Charlie gave me a couple but I think he's still getting feed back on them. I believe there was a mention of $7.00 a piece but don't hold me to it. These are relatively new and therefore really in limited supply. If you wait a bit they may come down in price a little. I think they'll need to seeing as the DMS is disposable also.

https://www.rosenfieldaerospace.com/High_Power_Ejection_Baffle__Anchor/p2900834_13923066.aspx

Plus Freight

Kenny

C'mon guys! Fer cryin' out loud-Skippy goes cross country to take pics of you cats and NOBODY can post any comments? Let us know who you are-what that cool rocket is-what you are doing in that picture....it's pretty simple. What is it? Do you really want your high school picture on the milk carton because nobody could find one any newer? If this was Facebook, everybody would have a twenty five word description (and pic) of the frickin' hot dog they ate for lunch today!
See post #4 in this thread. :)

Awesome photos - I almost feel like I was there - Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks everyone! no need to comment , just for your viewing pleasure. It would be nice to know who's who :)

Back