LDRS34 Level 2 success!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKeller

Reaction score
Looks like the weather is not being very nice to LDRS34, but I was fortunate enough to get up on the high altitude waiver Thursday morning thanks to Teddy. I built this rocket from a Rocketry Warehouse 3" DYOK. extended the booster tube to 36" when I got it just in case I wanted to put a 2800 motor in it. I had a successful L2 cert flight, 14,051 feet and 1162 mph on a CTI L1030 RL! over mach 1.5! oh yeah, maiden flight too! Huge thanks to everyone who helped me get this far! this is the rocket.https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?121796-3-quot-fiberglass-build-need-some-fin-help
wtvKqLENsRa-FL-FgC7KqU3BUZ3FHanrxK564YiXK7w=w501-h667-no

and a HUGE thanks to Dave McCann for getting this shot!
B7YBiATG6U5J13-J7wdYOd8Kd0MjigsJXtjTLa2Qung=w445-h667-no

if anyone got a video of this please let me know! If you're looking for pictures of your LDRS34 flights be sure to check out David's site once he gets a chance to upload everything https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Level 2 success! I rolled onto the field a little later so I missed seeing your flight, but it sure looks like it was picture perfect. Impressive rocket, motor and performance for a cert attempt. Well done! :)

Jim Z

Wow, that's an aggressive cert flight--way to go. My hat's off to you, and congrats!

Thanks guys, it was aggressive but I did a lot of work up front to make sure I had it right. the flight was straight as an arrow. I used an eggfinder for tracking. I forgot to save the path after the flight so I thought I lost the data. fortunately I did save the NMEA log and was able to pull the gps data out and convert it to a kml file.
K0nTNcRFeUfa6FsLSEWAQ4bV4QhET5nRd60nafiYRz4=w1364-h659-no

Last edited:
Nice flight/rocket, congrats on the level 2. That's quite a motor for L2 certification, no J-350 for you huh? Man after my own heart.

Oh ,, I didn't see this before Riley...
Wayy too cool flight...
14K on your level 2 cert flight...
That is incredibly impressive Riley...
My greatest congrats...
I saw the flight too,,,
It was insane...

Teddy

Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without the help of great people around me. I also made sure some more experienced flyers checkout out my rocket and setup before the flight. always good to have someone check your work...

Back