Who is attending NARAM-57?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
NARAM-57 is less than one month away!

I will be there.

Car is checked out. Hotel reservations are completed. NARAM registration is done.

Still deciding what rockets to take with me.

Decisions, decisions. :wink:

I'm looking forward to it.

Me, obviously, since it is on my home turf. I am taking a weeks vacation to attend. A chance to spend a whole week flying and talking about rockets is not to be missed! I am not much into competition, but will be interested in watching some of the events. I will probably enter the high power fun events just to participate. Looking forward to it. I will fly my newest creation "The BroadHead" and my upscale "Solar Flare". I am not sure what else I fly.

broadhead.jpgpre-launch.jpg

Last edited:
I will be there. Car check up waiting on decision to purchase new or additional vehicle.

Hotel reservations made.

Participated in one contest this year, first since 1978 (still have trophy). Going to give it a go. Not because I have any expectations of winning anything, more for the fun of it.

Got my L1 at NARAM last year, may go for L2 at this NARAM, depending on flight characteristics of my Darkstar Jr. If flights on an H and I motor indicate a J will stay under the waiver, well then...

Can't pick out rockets until I get more finished!

I'll be attending NARAM, really looking forward to it! Just wondering, does anyone know how good cell phone service is at the site? I'll be using a GPS tracker that relies on SMS for transmitting its location.

I get phone calls and texts at the site with AT&T. Your coverage may vary. You carrier may have a coverage map that can inform specifically about the area.

I was really thinking hard about making the trip, but 2000 miles (one way) is a lot of driving.

Too many miles = too much $$$.

Maybe next year.

WARNING to those driving from Los Angeles and anywhere north of San Diego:
DO NOT PLAN TO DRIVE IHNTERSTATE 10. IT IS CLOSED INDEFINITELY.

The record rainstorms over the weekend destroyed part of the Interstate 10 "in the middle of nowhere" (near Desert Center). If you try to drive there, you will have to run around and travel several hundred miles out of your way (out there, back from there to I-15, then drive south and then drive east again on I-8).

if you plan ahead and simply head south on I-5 or I-15 you can get to I-8 and just head east with only a 'reasonable' number of extra miles to drive. Google maps indicates only 39 minutes more driving.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Los...384d16c715!2m2!1d-110.926479!2d32.2217429!3e0

Chris Taylor's excellent site has lots of videos at www.naramlive.com
He usually attends most of the forums.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his work every year. This time, no video of the manufactures that I could find.

Yes and apparently not. There are recaps available on other forums.:wink:

Aha ! Thanks.

Ok, that convinced me to open a Twitter account ! Dragging and screaming into the 21st century. :fly:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a big fan of his work every year. This time, no video of the manufactures that I could find.

Aha ! Thanks.

Ok, that convinced me to open a Twitter account ! Dragging and screaming into the 21st century. :fly:

I'm the same way about the 19th century. I just bought a cotton gin.:D

I'm the same way about the 19th century. I just bought a cotton gin.:D

Found some of your old home movies on the Internet :wink: :

[video=dailymotion;xni6c]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xni6c_cotton-jenny_music[/video]

Last edited:
Back