LDRS 34 2015 pics & videos?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
How did it turnout yesterday? Is there any pics & videos? I know it's early, but maybe 1?
Rockets

Sky's were partly sun on Thursday - not much wind.
Friday started partly cloudy then turned sunny for the high flyers but windy - 8-12 mph
HUGE line of flyers trying to get on pads - both days have seen so many rockets you can't count - surprisingly many CATOS as well - sorry for those people, my ears are still ringing.

Last edited:
I saw a bunch of modroc's catoing.

I ended up launching 3 motors over the course of the launch.

I got some pictures, I'll post 'em when I get home.

Any idea what size motors are having CATO problems??

Sorry Crossfire I don't, things were moving Very fast today and couldn't remember what motor they said then woosh BOOM "fire extinguisher please"... Darn, what motor was that??
- seamed like 25% of the away cells were CATOing, but could've been assembly - airframes , motors etc,

Friday I achieved my personal best
X-Celerator on an L1000
Hit a bit over 8300'
My first time to break a mile!!!!!

Thursday I got 3 flights in. Friday was 7 including a night flight (another first for me)

Xcelerator.jpg

Sky's were partly sun on Thursday - not much wind.
Friday started partly cloudy then turned sunny for the high flyers but windy - 8-12 mph
HUGE line of flyers trying to get on pads - both days have seen so many rockets you can't count - surprisingly many CATOS as well - sorry for those people, my ears are still ringing.

8-12 mph windy? In Texas, that's considered "variable winds." My fellow Texans will back me up I'm sure :). I pretty much hear orchestral hymns when I see wind predictions like that in Texas :wink:. Yes, I managed to say Texas, or some variation, in so many sentences come to think of it :p.

Flew 2 K's on thursday and then got down to some serious certifications. Between Thurs and Friday I gave 5 L2 exam passes and was able to observe 5 of their flights to success.
3 L1 certs, all good and a failed Jr L1. Teamed up with Neil to fly the big stuff - we got Dinosuars rocket extreme up on the outboards, but didn't get the main. Still managed 700 feet on 3 L's . Not bad for a 200+ pound rocket. We decided to do the bonus flight on a large M Bullpuppy, we got a little more altitude then expected and a corkscrew that put us about a mile and half off the field :< thanks to some nice Mennonite children, they flagged down Neil and he was reunited with it. We didn't find the nose cone, however ;<
So we made some plans for red glare - he's gonna rebuild his dinosaur fin can and I'm gonna finish the punch list on the Mega Wildman for red glare. 2 flights, almost 800 pounds of rockets :> Should be fun!

[YOUTUBE]R2NEIZ5uR5w[/YOUTUBE]

My Hawk Mountain Proteus on a 98-4G M2225 Plain Jane to 9,556'. Perfect flight!

That was a great flight Dan! beautiful motor!
If anyone got a video or more pictures of my L2 flight Thursday morning (11:30ish) please let me know!
14k feet and mach 1.57! Dave managed to grab this great shot, but it's the only one I've got.
B7YBiATG6U5J13-J7wdYOd8Kd0MjigsJXtjTLa2Qung=w445-h667-no

That was a great flight Dan! beautiful motor!
If anyone got a video or more pictures of my L2 flight Thursday morning (11:30ish) please let me know!
14k feet and mach 1.57! Dave managed to grab this great shot, but it's the only one I've got.
B7YBiATG6U5J13-J7wdYOd8Kd0MjigsJXtjTLa2Qung=w445-h667-no

Bump, anyone get any videos thursday morning at LDRS34?

Back