stupid costly mistake

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was getting the fabric cutter ready. Slipped out of my hands and it fell. This happens when you rush.

Not only did it break a tile I now need to fix, but I broke the machine and bent the blade.

Costly. Stupid. Not worth repairing.

Got an almost new demo machine.

Thanks for sharing as it is a good reminder for all of us. I have been guilty of rushing through tasks and have had similar experiences.

I thought of this thread today when I accidentally knocked one of my Lansky diamond sharpeners off my desk, causing the sharpener surface to pop out of the plastic housing.:facepalm:
Thankfully in my case it is just a matter of epoxying it back in place.
Sorry to hear about your cutter.

An electric fabric cutter.

Does a better job than cutting by hand and you can pile it high while cutting.

Can't do without it.

Miki did it for 26 years by hand. You need to by a very good shears, we could cut 12 high by hand with no problem. We were cutting out about 300 chutes per week.

two years? I'm not doubling my pace to achieve that.

LMFFAO! I feel yer pain, brother. I have tile and *everything* to lay a new bathroom floor and it's been sitting for (cough) 5 years! Distinct possibility my heirs may have to finish the project! I'd rather do anything but that and so I have!

I was getting the fabric cutter ready. Slipped out of my hands and it fell. This happens when you rush.

Not only did it break a tile I now need to fix, but I broke the machine and bent the blade.

Costly. Stupid. Not worth repairing.

Got an almost new demo machine.

Don't feel too bad. Guy I work with didn't chain up a frame drill on Friday and accidentally kicked the electrical cord and it disconnected.

$5000 drill dropped almost a metre. She's done.

(To all those that don't know what I'm talking about, a Frame Drill is like a Drill Press that has electromagnets that hang on to the side of a trucks frame so you can drill new holes for accessories or moving already mounted accessories, moving drive axles around, etc. Not a cheap piece of equipment)

Back