Telemetrum Remote Arming - Why isn't AltosDroid capable?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Any reason that we cannot use the AltosDroid app to "reset" the Telemetrum or Telemega products? The ability to arm the altimeter remotely is one of the most clutch features offered today and it would be awesome to see that capability shared with the AltosDroid app.

Currently, a flyer needs to drag their laptop out to the pad or return to their home base to arm the unit once it is vertical. I will be doing the former, but really wish the app had the functionality. Can't put my laptop in my pocket!

It's on the list of features to do, just haven't quite gotten to it yet. I spent the last week adding offline maps and a bunch of other fixes as my new phone doesn't receive a signal at our launch site, so that feature kinda rose to the top of my list. If you're a member of the altusmetrum google+ group, you should be seeing a beta version with those fixes. Testing encouraged (one crasher already found -- if the offline map screen is all black, don't touch it, wait for a GPS position report from an altimeter or TeleGPS device so that the screen has a map on it).

The update, that you can use satellite images is great.

Thanks. Do let me know if you find issues with the beta version; I'll upload another beta in a few days so we can converge on a release. What is very clear is that android testing means testing on lots of android devices.

Found the AltusMetrum Google+ group as tester. Happy to try the new software out with my TeleMega.

Hi Kelsey - Gratz on the L3 - Next time I will have to bring a min diameter with long burn CTi... Those flights were impressive.. showed me just how well the TeleMega works!!

I was just getting my Telemetrum ready for this weekend's METRA launch and I notices a new version of AltrusDroid was on my Android phone. There seems to be a lot of polish on the app... and off-line maps! Looks like good work Keith, can't wait to use it tomorrow.

I was just getting my Telemetrum ready for this weekend's METRA launch and I notices a new version of AltrusDroid was on my Android phone. There seems to be a lot of polish on the app... and off-line maps! Looks like good work Keith, can't wait to use it tomorrow.

Yup,

If you dig into the files on your device, you'll see some map tiles in there. I've fired up the program and downloaded a variety or resolutions at the local launchsite to have on hand. Maps are great to plan a recovery if one has to
access or use roads. Also nice to see that it's unlikely that the rocket landed in "that pond" seen on the map. Out in the wide open spaces with little of anything, folks have said to me one just needs two dots and a line on their
screen to walk. I wished "we all" could be so lucky. Kurt

TeleMega pyro channel status was added in the most recent beta version.

Latest posts

Back