Polarized Sunglasses - Recommendations?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
The style of sunglasses isn't made anymore and the polarized lenses are shot.

Anyone have a manufacturer they can recommend?

Greg

I've always worn RayBan polarized and when I started wearing corrective lenses, I had my optician make a set of sunglasses with polarized lenses. I don't leave home without polarized lenses.

Maui Jim. They are pricey, but I've never tried anything else close. Mine are the prescription version of the Hookipa model.

A bit pricey, but I've been wearing Oakleys for almost 10 years. Most models have replaceable lenses.

There are only two types of sunglasses; cheap sunglasses that get lost or broken and expensive sunglasses that get lost or broken.

Take your pick.

I've had trouble with polarized sunglasses in the past being a bit too dark for me and being told that only the one tint was available. I wear prescription lenses with a complex and expensive prescription, so having glasses made that didn't work out was expensive. So in the past 10 years I gave up on prescription sunglasses and just got my regular prescription glasses with Transitions lenses.

I just got glasses for the first time at Costco, and their polarized lenses are not as dark as others. They still only have one level of tint, but it is a good level for me. Also, the glasses were about half what I had been paying elsewhere, so I decided it was worth a try. I got a regular pair with Transitions, which has worked out well. And I got a pair of polarized sunglasses too, which I have really been enjoying. the brand of frame for the sunglasses was Kirkland Signature, but the frame also says Columbia on it. They look good and have worked out great.

Oakley - best "optical" performance available in sunglasses....
You are buying them for optical performance, right.

Back