Mobius action cam optimal settings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried using the default settings and it cut out after 20 mins of sitting on the pad (Red Glare--full rack, took a while to get out to the C-cell). I don't remember what I did to fix it (can't check from here), but it's since been corrected.

Later!

--Coop

I use mine with the default wide angle settings. I also changed my record time from 20 minutes to continuous. It would create a new file every 20 minutes until memory filled up. Since then, there has been new firmware which now defaults to continuous record time.

Does the wide camera have different selectable options from the standard one?

I only have the wide version, however I doubt that the camera type would present different options. It's more a case of selecting the right options for the type you have. For instance there is an option called "Lens Type" in my case I have a 120 wide lens C so I have to select "C", the default being "A". There are many options to choose from, some more intuitive or self explanatory than others. I just did a Google per item that I had questions on and got the answers there. The user manual is pretty good but it does not cover everything.

One thing, I am using a Mac and from what I can tell the Windows "MobiusManagerV2" software has more features, like auto firmware update as an example.

The software has a lot of setting to play with - much better than the old 808#16 I used previously.

I found 1080p 30 fps looks best. 720p 60fps - not as good.

I like this review/demo very much... lots of good info here.

[YOUTUBE]7wmIyD1fM4M[/YOUTUBE]

The options are the same, but the angles are different. Read the RCG post I linked to above.

Awesome, thanks. I should get a wide one to match my standard.

scsager said:
The software has a lot of setting to play with - much better than the old 808#16 I used previously.

Oh my gosh, I am so happy I upgraded from 808s. I never once got a single good video from those pieces of junk. With Mobius I am 2 for 2. Check the latest -
[video=vimeo;131591813]https://vimeo.com/131591813[/video]

Me too . . . I found the 1080p 30 fps setting to be the best . . . and it just happens to be the stock setting. I like the mobius so much that I bought a second one . . . actually, the rocket the old mobius rode on ended up being a bucket recovery.

I found 1080p 30 fps looks best. 720p 60fps - not as good.

I like this review/demo very much... lots of good info here.

[YOUTUBE]7wmIyD1fM4M[/YOUTUBE]

Back