MRW I Check The Weather Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r12ski

Reaction score
My reaction when I check the weather report:

theres-a-chance.jpeg

weather.gov report for Penn Yan:
Thursday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 74. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday: A chance of showers before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

The forecast for the weekend has been oscillating - hourly, seemingly - as long as the weekend has been within the 10-day forecast. I've largely lost faith in the weather service, they can't seem to get it right lately, even while its happening. The likelihood is that we'll see some spotty showers amidst decent periods. According to the Weather Channel, we should see mid-70s with no more than a 40% chance of rain, most days a bit less than that. Either way, we'll know it when it happens. Just be prepared for various eventualities.

Much more details than our weather reports:
Thursday: clear skies 80f
Friday: clear skies 82f
Saturday: clear skies 82f
Sunday: reports of a cloud 81f 10% chance of rain
Monday: clear skies 80f
Tuesday: clear skies 82f

At LDRS.
Thursday good.
Friday was good weather, a few holds on high stuff waiting on clouds but overall very good. Launching was extended till sunset, about 9:00 pm, and then started night launching. A really good day of launching.
Today, rain, wind and low clouds. I and others at hotel for BSing. Not sure about field conditions or who went out.
We will see about Sunday.

At LDRS.
Thursday good.
Friday was good weather, a few holds on high stuff waiting on clouds but overall very good. Launching was extended till sunset, about 9:00 pm, and then started night launching. A really good day of launching.
Today, rain, wind and low clouds. I and others at hotel for BSing. Not sure about field conditions or who went out.
We will see about Sunday.

Started for the field this morning...About half way misting began...By the time we got to the farm entrance it was raining steady...Turned around and headed back to town...Couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like the launch folks may have also been turning folks away...Weather report doesn't look much better for Sunday...

Back