Any plans on doing an Aardvark?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Frank,

Any plans for an F-111E Aardvark? That would be pretty sweet (especially if you could get the wings to sweep...). Oh! and if the weapons bay to open and drop something...

Of course, I'd have to do a Red Tail from the 77AMU (UH)

Just thinking.
Jim

Last edited:
I have been wanting to do a swing wing...maybe I'll see how toms Boeing sst turns out....

Right now I'm thinking about an 8" diameter foam structure Pershing 1a...

I have been wanting to do a swing wing...maybe I'll see how toms Boeing sst turns out....

Right now I'm thinking about an 8" diameter foam structure Pershing 1a...

A big Pershing would be uber cool.

I have lots of flights on the old HobbyLab F-14 with swing wings and lots of flights on a 64mm EDF Tornado with swing wings. I bet I can make it work.

Speaking of rolled Depron models with 3d tubes, one that is lurking in the back of my mind is a 4" dia rolled Depron version of the NCR Bomarc with a turned and hollowed foam nose cone. RC, of course. Built up Depron and carbon wing. Just strong enough for a G40, perhaps, although a G25 would be more sane.

A big full bodied RC Bomarc with a slow and majestic glide would be very cool.

My 6' bomarc at 40 oz is a great glider on g25s, I thought about rolled tubes but was worried about landing damage, I originally had bt101 tubes for the ramjets but they wound up adding 4 oz rear of the cg.
I just removed them and went with profiles reinforced for landing.
Its amazing how just a bit of cardboard can weigh. I did make some rolled slip on depron tubes to go on the ramjets with chrome monokote on the bottom but they kept getting landing rash.
I'm sure it would be doable at that scale you just give up some wing loading advantage with the rounded fuse and need a soft grass field.

Frank

Last edited:
Back