Flyer / spectator alert!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
This is for anyone going to LDRS in general:
Be aware they are still looking for 2 escaped convicts from a NY prison.
The manhunt is on going in western NY but, they don't really know the whereabouts of two escapees.

No joke.

Be safe.

JD

For those not familiar with the region, that part of the manhunt is focused around the Hornell area, where one of the suspect's mother has property. Hornell is off to the south & west compared to Potter, about 35 miles away as the rocket flies, but closer to 60 miles by road. Roads in this area rarely go straight for long, and the terrain is hilly & rolling. The actual reported sighting was near Canisteo, several miles farther to the south of Hornell. In all fairness, the risk is minimal IMHO, though folks should be cautious all the same.

Everyone there is 54,556 square miles in New York State if they are even in NY! The last part of the man hunt was in a town 80 miles west of Potter! They are now searching in the Adirondack mountain area, 200 miles North East.

You are far more likely to forget your Rockets than encounter a hiding fugitive!

STOP CREATING DRAMA!

Last edited:
They're also trying not to get caught so being in public areas like a rocket launch probably is not on their to do list :p

They are hiding out with the infamous "Hermit"

Noah John Rondeaux! I can't believe someone else knows of him haha! I learned about him during my quest of becoming an ADK 46'er. Pretty interesting actually I read a lot of him.

And back on track, I just about had my tea out my nose when I laughed at Connors comment - "a rocket launch is probably not on their to do list" hahaaa

Noah John Rondeaux! I can't believe someone else knows of him haha! I learned about him during my quest of becoming an ADK 46'er. Pretty interesting actually I read a lot of him.

And back on track, I just about had my tea out my nose when I laughed at Connors comment - "a rocket launch is probably not on their to do list" hahaaa

Not Rondeau, the Potter Hermit- the story of whom inspired Robert Dehate to name his big orange bird "The Hermit Seeker". It has flown at LDRS here before, don't know if he is bringing it this year- hope so!

Dan Michael is here with us, and he will be armed.
There is not a criminal in the world that would dare come up against him! ��
In all seriousness, fOr those coming from out of town, there is nothing to be concerned about. The roads are all open. No roadblocks or similar issues.
We have contacts with several state agencies.
If anything was to change, believe me, we would get a message to that effect out.
it's gorgeous here at the host hotel on the lake.
now I had better round up other members of the committee to grab a bite to eat and head fine to the field! There is preliminary work to be done!
see you all in a couple of days!

Like Greg said nothing to worry about. Now dog the bounty hunter is on the trail, go get them Dog!

One of the dirtbags is dead now and they seem to be confident that they are closing in on the second one, so ya'll should be ok.

They captured the other one, who is now listed as in serious condition. All is well. He was captured 2 miles from the US Canadian border, so as we all thought they were no where near us. :)

Back