• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scans of the Estes Pro Series Impulse (2064)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Estes Pro Series Impulse (2064) is not your average Estes 4FNC rocket. It featured an unusual shock cord mounting system (which it also shared with the Pro Series Patriot (2066)), and a dual cluster motor arrangement that isn't very common for them.

I've looked, and JimZ's got nothing on it, nor does YORP. It's time to fix that.

5003-1.jpg
est_impulse-2.jpg

I'm looking for scans of the instructions as well as the fins (w/ruler please). It wouldn't hurt to get some of those centering rings either.

Thanks!
Jim

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I don't have the instructons. But I can measure the outside dimensions of the fins if you want.it's been so long since I started this rocket that I don't remember if it was a through the fins design.

Jim

Interesting that the ProSeries Patriot is 3" diameter, and the Impulse, Maxi-Force, Jayhawk are all 2.5" kits, the Terrier Sandhawk is 1.8".

I have a question about motors for this Estes Pro Series Impulse as well. This is my first Pro Series rocket that I started building nearly 20 years ago and I am just now finishing it. It was designed to use the Estes D12 or E9/E12 motors and the instructions included placing a motor block in the tubes which I did way back when I started this build. I was just measuring the depth of the motor tubes and it is only 70 mm so a D size motor will fit but looking at the measurements of the Estes E9 and E12 motors shows them to be 90 and 95 mm. Will I be able to use the E motors? Apparently the motor hooks won't be of use so I guess I'd have to use the masking tape procedure but will it be OK having the motors sticking out 30 mm?

I'd also like to thank Mark at stickershock32 for agreeing to create a set of decals for this OOP model. Hopefully I'll get it finished before the clubs next launch in August.

Thanks - Jim

Thanks to all of you who posted info about the Estes Impulse. My sister gave me one of these for Christmas back in '92, and I no longer have it. Now I can make a replacement!!

I have a question about motors for this Estes Pro Series Impulse as well. This is my first Pro Series rocket that I started building nearly 20 years ago and I am just now finishing it. It was designed to use the Estes D12 or E9/E12 motors and the instructions included placing a motor block in the tubes which I did way back when I started this build. I was just measuring the depth of the motor tubes and it is only 70 mm so a D size motor will fit but looking at the measurements of the Estes E9 and E12 motors shows them to be 90 and 95 mm. Will I be able to use the E motors? Apparently the motor hooks won't be of use so I guess I'd have to use the masking tape procedure but will it be OK having the motors sticking out 30 mm?

I'd also like to thank Mark at stickershock32 for agreeing to create a set of decals for this OOP model. Hopefully I'll get it finished before the clubs next launch in August.

Thanks - Jim

I encountered a similar problem when I bought and built an old version of the Estes Maniac from the same era. These kits were designed for a different type of E engines, they were E15s. They were a different size. Here's a post from an old thread about it...

"Yes, the original estes E engine, the E15, was indeed shorter than the current E9 motor. The E15 appeared for a short time, but was plagued by production problems that wouldn't be noticed until the motor was a few months old. I.e. a fresh motor would work ok, but a motor that sat around for more than 6 months would almost certainly experience a cato. The NAR certification was withdrawn from the motor and Estes withdrew the motor from the market. The E9 replaced it a few years later."

Photo on 7-27-18 at 9.35 PM #2.jpg After flying it for years with the wonky sized engine mount I just recently retrofitted the motor mount to accept the current sized Estes E engines.

Last edited:
That looks more like an Estes Maniac (2091) than their Pro Series Impulse (2064).
Yes, it is. In my previous post I referenced the fact that I encountered the same issue as the OP years back when I built the Maniac. They were both designed for the E15.

Back